jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Where do you find short URLs of hubs?

1. Carol the Writer profile image76
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

When you first make a hub, it gives you a long and short URL. If you forget to write the short one down, is there a way to find it later?

2. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Yes you can go to top navbar> myaccount > see the list of hubs, right click on the link and copy-link-location.

1. lindylou2 profile image60
      lindylou2posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I tried this and it doesn't work for me, it gives me the full link?  I went under source but could not locate it there either.

Help, please.

2. Carol the Writer profile image76
      Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't work for me either. I was going to Tweet about a hub, but it is really long. Any other ideas?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've heard this "short version" asked about before, but don't know if it exists.  For the future, make sure you edit the URL when you create the Hub and make it as short as you can.

No, that is not right. When you first publish a hub, they tell you a long version and a short version URL. They also ask if you want to Tweet or add to Facebook. But then that all goes away.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image77
            Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Go to the bottom of your hub, click "Share It" and select "TweetThis"

Thanks Maddie. This is what I was looking for.

2. Carol the Writer profile image76

Well, I must be doing something wrong. When I go to the bottom of my hubs, there is only:   
                  * about us
                  * blog
                  * guide
                  * affiliates
                  * advertise
                  * email this page
                  * link to this page
                  * copyright
              I don't see "Share it".

3. goldenpath profile image73
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

Greetings!
    My rule of thumb is never trust important information outside of your own home.  When I get to that screen where it shows me the long and short URL I immediately highlight my desired URL and copy and paste it into my basic Text file where I keep a copy of all titles and URLs of mine.  Same thing with all online usernames and passwords.  I have this file as a shortcut icon on my Desktop for easy access when I am on a blog or something where I want to link to my page.  It is also very important to keep a backup copy on a flash drive in case of system crash.

Thanks Goldenpath. I have done this off and on, but I will work to do it better.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image77
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

Sorry, not THAT far down.  Not at the bottom of the page, just at the bottom of the Hub content, where the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons are.  Usually just above your comment box.

LOL. It was right there. And I guess I had seen it many times and not really though about it. Thanks for the help! I wanted to Tweet my hubs about the space shuttle before Sunday's launch.

5. fits4life profile image60
    fits4lifeposted 7 years ago

Thanks Maddie, You are always so helpful. God bless you!

working