My eyes!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Is there nothing that can be done about the assault that is the ad for toenail fungus?
    I am having night terrors, my stomach is churning, my eyes are burning. PLEASE! Make it stop!!!

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Usually, the ads are specific to what you were most likely searching for previously.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol... That is not an issue. Besides... I clean the cache every night. It's an old habit, they used to tell us to do that with scrabble to keep it running right. It's a horrific ad I promise you.

There is currently a "Mathway" and "AAA" ad right now... also nothing Ive searched.

1. profile image0
          epsonok0posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Download firefox, then go and get the add blaster add on. Firefox will replace adds with white space. I have not seen an add on HP since I joined.

2. ChristinS profile image40
    ChristinSposted 10 years ago

Beth, do you look at any health related or natural remedies sites? I am bombarded by the same nauseating ad, but I do a lot of writing/research on natural health and remedies and whatnot.  Perhaps that would be the "related" items..  I am sick of seeing it too - yuck.

1. profile image0

Nope, but since you said that, there is now an Aetna and a sleep remedy one.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
        Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Maybe if you are online in the wee hours, they think you are insomniac ruining your health and likely to  contract toe fungus.
        I especially dislike seeing that one after a yummy recipe hub.

Then there's the one about removing belly fat with a woman's  bikini-clad torso, whose midsection has been flayed to expose the muscles and blood.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
          Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well, now you've gone and done it.  You just had to mention 'belly fat torso.'  So now, Google thinks that's what this thread is about and there are now two, count 'em – two! – ads for, you guessed it, 'belly fat torso' at the bottom of this thread.
          http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8449250_f248.jpg

2. profile image0

lol. I know... you're a female, of course you want to get rid of belly fat. What would you be doing if you weren't trying to get rid of belly fat?

3. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

HIV in cells eradicated with antifungal drug

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/266683.php

Try to look at it from a different perspective.

This could potentially be a life changer for many.

1. profile image0

If I click on that, will I see a nasty pic?

Some kind of scrapbooking thing (which I wouldn't do if I were alone in a padded cell for 1 year.)
      And another sleep thing.

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, my link was righteous.

Here is a basic Google search.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid= … mp;spell=1

This really could be a major breakthrough!

1. profile image0

Why I hadta look at that?

4. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 10 years ago

How they come up with saying the ads are related to searches is beyond me.  Advertisers clearly do not realize that sometimes words are enough and the photos are too much--a real turn off that makes me instantly close the page for I do not need any info bad enough to look at some of the pictures in the ads!  Yuck is probably the best word, but none could do the situation justice.  It all seems like a reflection of the degradation of society…have we become that course as whole, are we so desensitized that we'll accept any yuck that comes across the screen, could we step up and speak up about it?  Good for you for doing so!

1. profile image0

Wow! Look at you and your bad post! (Bad meaning powerful, i.e. "Look atchu and yo bad self.") You should probably be running for office somewhere. Very impressive. smile

1. profile image0
        RTalloniposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I meant coarse.  8-]

5. Cardisa profile image89
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

And here I thought the belly fat ad was bad...the one with the woman squeezing her protruded abdomen...lol

1. profile image0

She's really pretty though, you have to give it to her.

1. Cardisa profile image89
        Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That ad had been active all day now it's static. Do you think she's embarrassed?

1. profile image0

I think she's ok with herself. She's not Jenifer Anniston, but she still rocks a short skirt.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

I hate ads. Period.  Yes, they give us some pocket change on here, but I assure you I never, ever click ads on any other site unless by accident of a wayward mouse.

The sidebar ads I manage to mentally block out and "not see," for the most part. 

But my real pet peeve are the assorted TV ads for everything from 'feminine hygiene products,' to urinary incontinence to hemorrhoids, and sexual dysfunction...that they seem to insist on airing at the dinner hour!

Ugh!  Repulsive, unappetizing, etc.  Never mind lectures about whether or not you 'should' be watching TV while you eat--hubby does, so I'm a captive audience; even leaving the room, the audio is still there....

1. Hikapo profile image78
      Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You might hate it, but ads are what made Hubpages today. No ads, no earnings and no Hubpages.

I hate ads too, but it is what it is. Whatcha gonna do? big_smile

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I know--and acknowledged that in my opening statement.

What really irks the living daylight out of me with TV ads is this:  We are being bombarded with thousands of ads, and in effect, being 'double-dipped' because they claim the ads pay for the show...but, if we are already paying for cable TV subscription, then all the subscribers are paying for the shows, and being shown all the ads besides is most irksome.  We are paying--why should we have to watch ads?  Bah!

1. profile image0

Please understand... we all hate ads, but this toenail ad is the Jeffrey Dahmer of all ads. (He's still in jail right?)

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
            DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes--I've seen the live-on-TV version..it IS gross...

1. profile image0

Oh No! Ms Lizzy! What have they done to you? (shivers)

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
            Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dahmer was killed in jail a couple of years after arriving.

1. profile image0

That's just the worst story ever.

7. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Really am going blind in right eye. Don't give a damn any more. Fck medcal and all with it.

This is the wrong thread.  Here's the thread about your eyesight:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/117860

1. profile image0

Is it just me or does Izzy really seem to have it out for PS?

Izzy had a bad day and she apologized.  All is well.

1. profile image0

I missed that. Well that's nice.

8. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

IzzyM and I are friends. Always have been. Always will be.

1. profile image0

Well maybe you found your mate, mate. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)