jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

URL Cast in Stone

1. GmaGoldie profile image83
    GmaGoldieposted 3 years ago

A Hubber detailed out in the comments that the URL is cast in stone and this got me to wondering. I wish to revamp/upgrade some of the work I have done but to copy and past takes time. If I could copy the hub to a new url and start a fresh, it would help me to revamp these hubs and put in place better key words in the url and maintain some of my content to give me a leg up on improving this article.

What are your thoughts? If this tool were made available, would you be more likely to edit and republish a hub that is not currently featured? Would you take the time for the key terms and upgrade the url and the title?

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

URLs aren't a big deal in the bigger scheme. Many of my titles and URLs are different.

Changing them means losing backlinks, age etc though, unless a proper permanent backlink is put in place.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

*redirect

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

If you want to upgrade/revamp, nothing's stopping you but you.

It might come as a surprise to you that some Hub authors always intentionally make their URLs and titles different right from the get-go.

1. mythbuster profile image84
      mythbusterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ooooh - that's a neat hint, relache... something to do with people finding the url title plus other keywords in article title?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, exactly.   If you have several keywords connected to your topic, using some in your URL and some in your title is a clever way of covering all bases.

1. mythbuster profile image84
          mythbusterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for affirming and explaining, Marisa Wright!

working