jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

How do you change the title/url address of an article?

1. The Mother Load! profile image77
    The Mother Load!posted 8 years ago

Hello.

While editing an article in progress I decided to change its title, so how do you change the original url that got created when I choose the original title?

Thanks,
    mother load

2. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 8 years ago

You can't change the url once the hub has been created, only the title.

1. ProCW profile image83
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Fawntia, it would be nice to be able to change the URL prior to the hub's original publication. Possibly one of the new features you're working on??? smile A future feature perhaps? smile

ProCW

1. thranax profile image27
        thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That would make it really almost too easy to do SEO. But I like the idea (if it wasn't for those purposes.) Because if you change the title and the view of the Hub, why not change the URL with it?

~thranax~

1. ProCW profile image83

I recommend only being able to change it PRIOR to it being published for the first time. But then again - would it really matter? The URL plays some importance in all that stuff... but the title is more important anyway... right? The only downside that I see with it is that if you've got backlinks to a specific URL, then they'd be outta the window if you change the URL... I don't foresee any redirects at HubPages... I could be wrong though... smile

ProCW

That would definitely give poor Fawntia a headache.

~thranax~

1. ProCW profile image83

Just in case, I hear Shirley Anderson has some great remedies for those! smile And she can even show you the pictures to prove it! smile

Lol smile

~thranax~

2. Fawntia profile image
        Fawntiaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think so. It would be more work than it's worth, and I think we prefer to keep the url constant over the lifetime of a hub.

3. Whitney05 profile image60
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

A tip would be to not match the URL with the title of the hub. Use the subject as the URL.

Ex. If you're title is "How to choose a real Christmas tree," you could use 'real christmas tree' as your URL because you never know if you want to change the title to "Choosing a Real Christmas Tree," "Tips for Choosing a Real Christmas Tree," or something else along those lines.

working