jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What are the reasons would anyone be not allowed, prohibited from,

1. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8579324.jpg
    and/or banned from answering questions in the question section of HubPages?

2. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Don't know. Don't care. smile

My last question got zero useful responses. Finally gave up and deleted it.

My question before that got thrown out by HP.

My two questions before that continue to get zero love from Google.

Have given up and thrown in the towel on that aspect of HubPages.

I'm also on the verge of throwing in the towel as to writing more hubs, but that's another story. smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but it's obvious that some users spam Q&A with duplicate/similar questions and I would imagine they do the same in answering by referring to their own hubs, answering similar questions repeatedly, insulting others, etc.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can be banned for answering the same question asked by different members? I've done that when new users asked how to do something at their account. I'm not trying to say you won't get banned, I'm trying to find out if this is true. I surely don't want to get banned for helping other people, but I'll stop if it's going to get me into trouble with HP.

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
        rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Probably not, it was a response more in relation to people who spam sections of the site with their repeated, similar questions/answers, cross-posting.  I would imagine the rules for banning from Q&A are the same as they are for the forums, in most cases, either direct spamming or personal attacks, insults.

1. profile image0
          sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.

2. relache profile image84
        relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No.  Sheesh, over the last seven years, I've answered the same half dozen questions a few thousand times.

In answer to the OP's question, why someone might incur a temporary or permanent forum ban is explained here, http://hubpages.com/faq/#forums-violations

From what I've observed there are two things that lead to a permanent ban rather quickly.  The first is blatant spamming.  The second is users who are habitual personal attackers.

4. quicksand profile image82
    quicksandposted 3 years ago

Is this discussion about the questions section or the forums?

1. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Both.

working