Quick question - I am planning on adding the Amazon affiliate program to my account. If I add actual capsules first, will this cause any problems, or will everything be updated once I register for the Amazon affiliate program?
You just won't make any money from them until your account is approved. It usually doesn't take long to get approved for Amazon, so i'd get the approval first and add capsules later - just in case it turns out you're in a state that doesn't allow it or something.
My guess would be it wouldn't cause a problem. Hubpages would take 100% of any earnings until your Amazon account was 'live'. from that point on, you'd get your 60% Amazon share leaving 40% for Hubpages.
Anyone know better?
I agree with Rik's answer too. Just remember to add your Amazon affiliate code to your HP account when you get it. Then it should revert to 60/40 automatically for all existing capsules.
by Belle O'Hara 6 years ago
For my first hub I asked my mom if it would be alright for me to do a review of her book. She agreed and I wrote one up. I intended to post a link from my hub to her book on amazon, however, upon further reading I read it is generally a good idea to have one or two hubs already posted before I try...
by Mary McShane 4 years ago
I just got this email. Is terminating your account normal if you don't have any sales or referrals in 90 days????Hello,Thanks again for joining the Amazon Associates program. We’re reaching out to you because we have not seen sales activity on your account.At the time your application was...
by Victoria Van Ness 9 months ago
I'm kinda pissed and extremely dismayed. I've been with Hubpages and Amazon Associates for 5 years now and haven't made a dime with Amazon the entire time. I've reached out for help numerous times and not a single person told me that I have to get my Amazon links from the Amazon Associates website...
by Erlindo R. DeLeon 5 years ago
I have problem using the Amazon Affiliate Program.I understand I can earn money through my featured hubs using the amazon Afffiliate Program even though I don't have yet an adsense account. My earning setting show my Amazon Affiliate already active but still I can't figure out how it...
by Jason B Truth 5 months ago
I'm somewhat confused about the Hubpages Amazon Program. I am showing as active in my Hubpages account for this particular program. I was issued an affiliate code for it. My Hubpages account is hooked up to my PayPal account. I was approved for a Google Adsense account...
by Jean Bakula 5 years ago
How many Amazon capsules are allowed per how many words? I don't care personally, I never made much on Amazon. But on a few of the lenses that came over, they are almost all Amazon capsules, with maybe 200 words. I tried to tell one person in a nice way that it was an interesting topic, but that...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|