jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Referring New Hubbers

1. Blessed Success profile image81
    Blessed Successposted 3 years ago

I get the tracking code concept.  What I can't find is a page to send new users to that gives them all the great reasons they should join and links it to my account so I get the referral.  Anyone have a suggested way they refer other writers to HubPages in a simple way that I can duplicate?
    Thanks! Sandy

1. SpaceShanty profile image91
      SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If I want to try and get a few referrals I usually 'link to this page' from a popular Hub about making money from writing online as this will be very targeted at the right people.

2. electronician profile image86
    electronicianposted 3 years ago

Have you tried the 'about' page, it looks pretty good for introducing people to the site - http://hubpages.com/about/us

You can click 'link to this page' from any page on the site to add your tracking code to a link.

3. Blessed Success profile image81

The About Page would be perfect but I don't see a single Sign up now link or any way for them to join from that page!

4. Claire Roach profile image82
    Claire Roachposted 3 years ago

It's right at the bottom (by copyright stuff) "link to this page" it's always there on every page in case you want to direct them to different destinations.

1. Blessed Success profile image81
      Blessed Successposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Claire - thanks so much for trying to help me get this!  You are too kind.  I see and understand that part now but on this very nice and informative page it doesn't let the person whom I'm referring to be a new hubber to sign up from that page.  Is there a page that tells all that cool stuff and then says - join us for free now by signing up here???  I have tons of writing friends that will like hubpages and I'd like a nice link on my other blog as well but there is no action step button for them to actually sign up.

5. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 3 years ago

If you put your referral tracker in this link: http://hubpages.com/tour/hubpages, your new users will get a brief intro to HubPages and a link to sign up at the end. 

For example, your link would be:

http://hubpages. com/_ Insert Referral Tracker Here/tour/hubpages

As long as the user signs up within 30 days of clicking your link, you will get the referral.  smile

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Thanks for posting the reply, Robin - I wasn't sure if the referral program was still in effect.  Glad to hear it!

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It is!  Here's the Learning Center entry, for anyone that is interested.  smile

7. Blessed Success profile image81

Thanks to all of you for the great advice. I love the helpful attitude I find here!

8. Alphadogg16 profile image88
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

I'm with you on that Blessed Success, I've actually made some links/tags to refer new hubbers, however I do not see any movement/views on my links. I'm unsure if I did them correctly or if no one is clicking on them. With the amount of views the hubs I put them on have getting, I would think someone would click on them.

9. Blessed Success profile image81

You can see what I posted on my website to advertise for new hubbers. 10tophealthsecrets with dot and com of course! I think hubpages is a great platform and others can benefit.

working