jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

How to change Hub images from landscape to portrait?

1. OldRoses profile image90
    OldRosesposted 3 years ago

I'm having a terrible time posting images to my hubs.  The capsule keeps changing the orientation to landscape when I upload my images.  How do I either upload as portrait or change my images to portrait after I upload them?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've had this problem as well from time to time.  Sometimes, the photo was taken with the camera rotated, however, I change the orientation to the correct one in Photoshop. ...  but when I upload that photo, Hub Pages does not seem to notice that SAVED change, and puts the picture up sideways, anyhow.
      Sometimes, it also places a picture sideways that was NOT taken that way.  I have no idea what gives.  HP needs to give us a "rotate" option in the photo capsule in edit mode.

OldRosesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, MsLizzy.  I thought I was doing something wrong.  I tried all the same things and still ended up with sideways photos.  And I just noticed that when I pinned my latest hub, the photo was upside down on Pinterest!

2. blueheron profile image97
    blueheronposted 3 years ago

OMG! Another fan of old roses! And your picture is Madame Hardy, my most favorite. I am SO following you.

Actually, it's Mme. Plantier a beauty from 1835.  I used to collect heirloom roses.

3. blueheron profile image97

Um.... Not to self-promote here, but check out my hub on lisianthus. The flower kicks ass!

Not to self-promote, but I see that you are interested in herbs.  I have my own website devoted to herbs (http://advicefromtheherblady.com), as well as a Facebook page and Pinterest page.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

If the photo orientation is stuck in the meta-data you can normally shake it loose by changing the format, e.g. from jpg to tif or vice versa.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's good to know.  I think.  What is meta-data, and how can we know whether or not that is where the problem is????

1. Sherry Hewins profile image97
        Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Just change the format and see if it fixes the problem

5. blueheron profile image97

I didn't know Madame Parmentier had the green eye--I thought Madame Hardy was unique that way. There is simply nothing like some of these old roses! I have a few, and have grown others at other places I've lived, but Madame Hardy is the prize. I'd like to get a big old moss rose for this spring, but there may be other priorities. I love the antique apples too! I have a Karmijn de Sonneville that may have fruit for the first time this year, and an Ashmead's Kernel that has a few years to go on that.

working