What checks does HubPages perform before paying out to someone?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (26 posts)
  1. rohanfelix profile image70
    rohanfelixposted 10 years ago

Like, do they check our traffic sources, and how many followers we have? I ask because another well-known site refused to pay me despite me having followed all the rules to the best of my knowledge, citing I had indulged in 'theft of intellectual property', and this after keeping me waiting for 3 months!

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes HP does that. Each daily earnings is certified. If you check your earning and see a star beside your daily amount that means it's being checked. When the star disappears that means it's certified or cleared. HP does this daily to avoid having to do this at the end of the month when thousands of payment have to go out.

rohanfelixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's good news! After all, who'd want to be denied a payment after months of hard work!

2. Twilight Lawns profile image72
    Twilight Lawnsposted 10 years ago

A couple of years ago, I was signed up for the AdSense system with Google and the money gradually built up over the months until I reached the "payout" time for the UK which was £30.
    Then for no reason at all, Google decided that I had infringed some rule or other and withheld the money from me. Believe me, I was innocent of all charges...although it was never explained to me what rules I had broken.
    HubPages, when approached, were "unable to help" and Google refused to answer any messages I sent, apart from to tell me that I would be "forever banned" from having an AdSense account with them.
    Be careful of HubPages, they don't have any idea of how to help, to monitor, or to run a site.  But, having been with them for long enough, you have most probably discovered that already.
    Analysis:  Google is corrupt.  HubPages is inefficient.

I'm sorry about your experience... Does that mean you don't get paid from HubPages?

1. DrMark1961 profile image99
        DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like you made the mistake of posting on Bubblews. There are a lot of complaints on that site from people not being paid. I was one of them.
        I have been on this site almost 2 years, and receive payments every month, with no problems.Despite that comment from twilight lawns, in my experience HP is not inefficient.

Well, everyone seems to know about the big bubble around here! I'm glad you have no problems with getting paid from HP. My experience so far on HP has been promising.

Twilight Lawnsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

DrMark1961, maybe we are talking about another HP.
          I've been writing for HP since God was a boy, and I haven't received a penny for my toils.
          Well, when I say toils, I use the term most loosely.
          Perhaps I should have said, "Scribbling".

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
            paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cracked me up. Am going to use it. lol

rohanfelix, my friend, I get absolutely nothing from HubPages.
        I just  do it for the love of it... and as my love for it is wearing a little thin, I hardly do anything anymore, except look in every now and then to watch my "popularity" plummeting.
        Ha ha!

I'm sorry  to hear that. I hope you're making bucket loads of money elsewhere!

2. Cardisa profile image91

If someone's Adsense account has been compromised, there is no way Hubpages can help with that; that's a Google problem NOT Hubpages'. Hp does not track clicks, Google does. However, Hp does track traffic sources.

Yes, I understand that.

Cardisa, I am beginning to think you must be one of the HP team.  I have never seen you write anything  in the Questions and/or Forums pages without  coming out so strongly in favour of that crowd.
        And your assumption was incorrect; I didn't click.  I feel my crime was more heinous than even  that!
        (Is there any crime more heinous than clicking?)
        Shudder.

1. Cardisa profile image91

What in my statement implies that I am on HP's side Twilight Lawns? I too have my issues with HP and always voice my opinions. I am just stating a fact. I am sorry for using the word click when you never mentioned that but I am correct in that when it comes to matters with Adsense accounts HP can do nothing. they have no control over what Adsense does or alleged violations which may occur there. I know Adsense can be unreasonable and brutal. I have seen them close countless accounts right here on HP with no good reason, but the fact remains that HP can do nothing about that.

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/vrTQV539V8CNQP5XWU2wqJ88KPGIlAGTc-M72r-fIjT8NM3AibtlMrC44CSBnDDbO3ELUMD1RGxefcw9BwQteBOCxqt-DfTRxL2CWC5odhcGq4Mr6sI9HdFi8w

lol! Give this dog a cookie!

2. NateB11 profile image85
      NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

Hub Pages is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

I have been here 3 years, and in that time, I've made payout threshold only about quarterly, and that is only since signing up for Hub Pages' ad program.

Prior to that, with the Google AdSense alone, my daily "earnings" were so paltry that I doubted I'd even live long enough to see their much higher payout threshold.

That said, I didn't even sign up for either AdSense or the HP ad program until after I'd been here almost 2 years.
    Since then, my earnings, while small, have continued to tick upwards by small increments.  I have yet to reach a point at which I get paid every month, but, I do get paid, with no problems and no hang-ups.

And no, I'm not on HP staff.  I've had my share of quibbles and complaints with them and their policies from time to time....

If you had a notification from Google, you need to pursue the issue with them.  While Hub Pages allows Google to place ads on its site: a mutually beneficial business agreement, they are separate entities, one having nothing to do with the other's policies.

Thanks for providing a lot of clarity on the issue! I am loads of time before getting paid, but thought it was good to know.

DzyMsLizzy, I have a feeling that you, Cardisa, rohanfelix, DrMark1961 et al will want to take me away and smack  my  ignorant bottom.
      The reason?  I had the idea that Adsense was the only way of making any money by using this site, but from what you have been saying, (and doing it so politely) is that  there is also an HP ad programme.  If this is true, how can I get onto it, and what is more, HOW CAN I EVER ASK YOUR FORGIVENESS FOR BEING SO STUPID.
      I want to be RICH!  Please help me,
      Ian

Twilight, aren't we all aware that an Adsense account is a prerequisite for using the HubPages ad program? And is there any other site that's providing you an income from writing?

2. Sue Adams profile image90
        Sue Adamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

To join the Hp Ad program which generates far more revenue than Adsense only, just go to
        My Acccount
        Earnings
        HP ad Program
        Configure

Good luck

That's good information, thank you! Although, personally, I am already in the Ad Program, and it has definitely increased my earnings.

Sue Adams, thank you.
          Mwah.

3. Twilight Lawns profile image72

Hi, Sue Adams, I did as you suggested and found that I am already signed up for the HP ad programme...  Strange, I'm not getting anything from them and I am back at square one.
          Thanks anyway, it is nice to know that there are people like you out there who try to help.
          Thanks once again.
          Ian

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)