jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

When is it necessary to share something with your followers?

1. Melinda Longoria profile image82
    Melinda Longoriaposted 3 years ago

When is it necessary to share something with your followers?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean?  Can you be more specific?  Sharing of what kind?

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When you write a new Hub, your followers automatically get an email letting them know.  So there's never a need to notify followers of a new Hub.

You might share if you've totally transformed an old Hub, as there's no other way to let your followers know about that.

Bottom line, though, is that followers are other Hubbers.  You share with them for social reasons, not in the hope of building traffic.  For that, you need to share outside HubPages.

2. Melinda Longoria profile image82

I don't want to be a pest to my followers. So I am wondering when it would be appropriate to utilize the share button on hubpages. For example, when a new hub is published by either you or others, there is a share button next to it in the public news feed. I believe this button also appears for forum discussion topics, questions, and status updates. When do you share things with your followers, and how often?

3. Melinda Longoria profile image82

Thank you. I have a better understanding on this now. :-) Appreciate everyone's feedback.

1. brakel2 profile image87
      brakel2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Each hub has an button to " share with followers" by the pin it button. If I read a hub that might interest my followers, I share the article with them. It then goes into your feed which usually includes some followers.

4. WiccanSage profile image94
    WiccanSageposted 3 years ago

I have a second hub acct for fiction that I recently started, so about twice when I published fiction I've shared it with my followers on this, my older and more established acct.

But they're already getting notice when you publish on your acct, so there is no need to share unless there's been major revisions. It's like pestering so I don't bother with it.

I do like to share exceptional hubs I find by other hubbers with my followers.

5. electronician profile image86
    electronicianposted 3 years ago

Personally I treat it as a step up from giving a hub a thumbs up.

Generally, if a hub is good I'll give it a thumbs up and try to leave a comment. If its excellent or if its particularly original and interesting I'll tweet about it and click to share with followers on Hubpages; I probably only do that for 1 in every 20 hubs that I read or something like that.

6. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Hello Melinda from Texas and "Welcome to Hubpages!"  Good to have you here in our great writer's community!
      I will take your question quite literally and simply say,  It's never "necessary" to share with your fellow hubbers, but it's fun, interesting, helpful and leads to better understanding of one another.

We share our comments most often, when we've read a hub or when someone has commented on a hub of ours.  We share information ...and don't ever hesitate to ask questions.  You'll find most hubbers are eager to help and a very friendly group.  We also share opinions in the forums.

"Sharing," in general is a very nice part of being an HP member.  At least this is what I have found. 
    I wish you luck and success!

1. Melinda Longoria profile image82
      Melinda Longoriaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Paula and everyone. ;-)

working