Please suggest some immediate remedial steps to make our not-featured hubs to featured hups. What are the successful ways to tackle this issue. Please help.
Can you place the titles to some of the hubs you have unfeatured? Myself along with other hubbers will give you constructive criticism on the individual hubs. That's the best way to offer advice as not all hubs may call for the same measures.
I have 3 not featured hubs due to less engagement and 6 on quality issues. I give the links of my 4 hubs below. Please suggest how to tackle or address the issuse due to quality and traffic.
1) http://sunilkunnoth2012.hubpages.com/hu … m-HubPages
2)http://sunilkunnoth2012.hubpages.com/hu … st-To-Know
3) http://sunilkunnoth2012.hubpages.com/hu … r-Religion
4) http://sunilkunnoth2012.hubpages.com/hu … -the-World
Please give your valuable tips after your evaluation.
1) The first hub about your progress on Hubpages wont get you much if any organic traffic because people aren't searching for things like that. There is not much you can do to improve traffic.
2) The second hub about your level of knowledge is way too short. You need to tell the reader why you are giving them a quiz. You need to expand what General knowledge is and how your questions can help them. I am not seeing that in the hub.
3) The hub about Jews and Judaism needs more clarity. You need to explain why the US has more Jews. Not because of birth in terms of Jew as a race but because, primarily, of religion. Many people have converted to Judaism. Your hubs needs to clarify this. The student answering the question would not be wrong to say that the most Jews belong to Israel, because the question did not differentiate between race and religion. Your facts need also to be backed up by authentic sources because of the controversial topic you have raised.
4) I like the last hub about the luxury hotels. You need to have someone who has a good command of English to proof your work. You have some language issues which need attention.
You hubs seem to need more concrete information to make them more informative and authoritative. They are a bit short and needs more content. You also need to properly attribute the photos to the sources.
Check to make sure your titles are search friendly. I noticed in a few of your hubs you tend to bold your first paragraph, you need to remove the "bold". Also remove the bold from words which are not subtitles.
I will continue to look through these hubs and post more tips when I am done.
Thank you so much for the kind support. I will surely take note of all these points seriously and try to improve. It is so kind of you to give me a patient reading and suggest some tips. Meantime I request you to go through all my articles as and when you have time and mood. I hope you will give me some valuable tips for improvement. For language, it is quite natural English is not my first language and I didn't even had my schooling in an Eng. medium one. All these are because of my hardwork and I am still trying to learn more. Thank you for giving suggestion in a positive tone rather than some harsh way. I just mentioned it here because at times I had such bad experience here on HP in forum. Thank you once again for your help.
I only looked at the fourth one... to be honest, the language issues and word choice are so... odd that it almost reads like a spun hub. Are you writing in your native language and then using a translation program to help write it in English?
Your big problem is grammar. HubPages is an English language site and most of its audience is native English speakers, so it only wants Hubs that are written to a that standard.
It's fine to use HubPages to improve your English but if you do, you must expect that your Hubs will be unFeatured - which means they can be read by other members to help you improve, but won't be presented to the general public.
May be you are right. But please note the following facts also seriously. Out of my 100 hubs 94 are featured. My 2nd anniversary of joining HP happens only on the 3rd week of March and I am soon going to gain a traffic of 200,000 hits. I have observed even writers from English speaking countries, didn't even reach 10k even after a period of 4 years. So English doesn't matter as much as you fear. Moreover I have good number of fan mails and my follower list also approaching 200. Even my author score is above 75, the threshold limit of quality. I am determined to reach the most prestigious milestone of 1 million hits within 2 years. I will welcome criticism only if it is meant to help me. I will do whatever possible to improve my English and request good writers like you to help a little bit. I am so sure of the general public that they will hit me 1 million times latest by 3rd week of March 2016. It is my challenge and I will achieve it.
by Missing Link7 days ago
I'm thinking the answer is probably yes?If you have hubs that have been deemed "not featured", for one reason or another, will that factor into lowering your overall score/rating as a HubPages member? ...
by David Livermore4 years ago
Let me preface this by stating I am not trying to be mean or a troll. In fact, I avoid the forums because I don't want to get involved. But with so many posts about the topics I'm about to discuss, I wanted...
by Billy Haynes8 days ago
If you view my hubs, you will see it has been a while since I've been active. I have been so busy with work I simply didn't have time to update anything. Now, I have a bunch not featured (only 7 out of 28 are...
by Lena Kovadlo5 years ago
If a hub is not featured does that mean that it doesn't get any search engine traffic from Google or other search engines?
by awordlover4 years ago
Do you work on your "unfeatured" hubs to improve them? Or let them stay unfeatured?On your hub list, when you see the message "This hub is not featured because it doesn't receive sufficient...
by Faith Reaper4 years ago
I am just curious, all 92 hubs of mine are featured. In your opinion, should one delete (although Featured) any hubs where the score on a particular hub has eventually dropped way down from when it was initially...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.