jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Comments

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago

I have to approve all of the comments on my hubs and I always thought that because of this, people not logged into HubPages, or not in the community, could not see them until they were approved.  The other day I was curious so I logged out to see a particular comment from a non-member and sure enough, I could see it even though I had not approved it.

Is there a different setting so that readers cannot see comments until they are approved? 

Thank you in advance.

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Most certainly I have not the answer. With curiosity I would wait until at work or some such and check at a different IP address. Again, I am not one of expertise, yet I do get curious.
      tim

2. Marketing Merit profile image87
    Marketing Meritposted 3 years ago

I thought the same thing too.
    Did you clear your cache before you reloaded the page?

Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No I didn't Marketing Merit.  I will try that in a little while and see if that does the trick.  I never thought of that.  Thanks!

3. LongTimeMother profile image97
    LongTimeMotherposted 3 years ago

Here's how to fix it. Go into edit, then scroll down to your 'Comments' capsule. On the right hand side is an edit button, just the same as other capsules. Click it and you will have the option to approve all comments before they are shown. smile

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad you explained that because I wanted to explain that and couldn't remember how to do it.

2. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can also go to the Comments tab in My Account and click on the "show settings" button under Global Comment Capsule Settings and adjust your comment settings for all of your Hubs at once.  There is a setting to have all comments be approved before they are shown.  smile

4. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to see what I can figure out now.

5. randomcreative profile image91
    randomcreativeposted 3 years ago

I have always assumed that no one but me could see my comments before I approved them. Isn't that the point of having to approve them? I had never checked out the Global Comment Capsule Settings before tonight. Now I see that there is a difference. Needless to say, I'm quite surprised.

Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's what I thought randomcreative, until I checked that one comment when I wasn't logged in.

working