jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

HP earnings: eBay & Amazon programs not active. Why?

1. DeoMor profile image60
    DeoMorposted 3 years ago

My HubPages Earnings Program Settings show that all 3 programs are not active. On the earnings affiliate page, My ad program shows 'inactive' but 'complete' on the hpads configure page and I have affiliate code there.  There is also an 'incomplete' for Associate a Google AdSense Account and I understand why (I have only 1 hub), but why are eBay and Amazon still not active?  Are they tied to Adsense?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Everything is tied to Adsense.  The only program you can use without Adsense is your own Amazon account, separately from the HP Earnings Program.

DeoMorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Did you properly sign-up for the eBay and Amazon programs, get accepted and activate them?

I think I did.  It required me to have a paypal account which I have.  I have:  Publish at least one Hub and Sign up for the HubPages Earnings Program  as complete.  Am I missing something?

2. DeoMor profile image60

I guess I missed something there.  But I tried to start over but cant.  When accepted, how are you notified?

3. profile image0
    Bronwyn Hansenposted 3 years ago

So what you are saying, Marisa, is that until Adesense decide that we have enough "suitable content", we are not going to make a red cent for all of our time and effort at HP?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's right.   However, it's not as bad as you think.  It takes time to earn money on HubPages - most of your early views are just other Hubbers, not paying traffic.   The average newbie, even with an existing Adsense account, earns only a few cents in their first few months.  So by having to wait, you might miss out on a dollar or two but that's about it.

1. profile image0
        Bronwyn Hansenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Marisa.

working