jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

PayPal Phishing Alert

1. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

Hub Pages does it's payouts near the end of the month, so I wasn't expecting any communication from PayPal. I spent all my money, but  I just received a very official notice from what appeared to be PayPal.  The URL was suspicious. PayPal communication always start with paypal.  I logged  into PayPal from another browser to check if my account was correct and it was as it should have been. There was no charge pending.
    Beware of PayPal  phishing notice!
    A notice  gives an amount that is pending. 
    It then says, If this is not correct log into your account.
    There is also the, If this is correct do nothing option. 
    Do nothing. 
    I have contacted PayPal.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image77
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Googled this - just to find out more info - was yours from this link: jecilj @ billing_com ?

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the warning. I've gotten similar notices from PayPal and other places. The best thing to do even if you're almost positive it's legit, is to type the known URL into your browser. Never use the links in emails and don't just copy/paste the URL from the email.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image82

Good idea to always go directly to PayPal.  They notified me that the alert I forwarded to them was indeed fraud. 
    So glad to have found it before payout.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image82

Examiner- It looked like PP until I took it to a link, It was some guys name(Nothing PayPalish at all). PayPal advised I delete everything after I sent them the notice. It was easy.  I PP an email with the link to customer service.  They sent me the address for PayPal snoops. PayPal was very fast acting   I am so glad I found this.  Just got my biggest payout ever.  Which isn't much, but I had a very specific purpose for it.

working