jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Want To Make Pinterest Images That Work? Check Out These!

1. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

As you probably know, I love Pinterest. Well, I love the traffic I get from Pinterest, which usually makes up at least 50% of my daily traffic.

I use "MFP images" to bring in traffic and get repins. Some people seem to be a little confused about how to do this, and today I found an account with some fantastic examples.

Check it out: http://rainsanmartin.hubpages.com/

If you need inspiration for Pinterest images, this is a great place to start!

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image62
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 3 years ago in reply to this

So informative. Glad to note it and going to open. Keep on posting such useful tips.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I made this one a week or so ago.

https://i.imgflip.com/9jsjm.jpg

1. Solaras profile image91
      Solarasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Awesome!!  I'd click on that!

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. Yep, I eventually realized that meme-generators can be used for more than just misbehaving in the forums. big_smile

3. LeonJane profile image84
    LeonJaneposted 3 years ago

Why do you think photos with writing all over them work well with pinterest? I've noticed this trend, just wondering why photos like this work better than clean photos? Be interested to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks

1. LeonJane profile image84
      LeonJaneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just read you hub Susan, now I know why, thanks for the valuable info smile

2. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'd say there are 3 main reasons:

1. They encourage people to independently pin your article straight from the page.
      2. They encourage people to repin the image on Pinterest.
      3. They encourage people to click through the image from Pinterest.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think if you just have a picture, that looks like that is all there is to it.  Pretty picture of money, for example.  But, if you include words, "how to get rich in five minutes a day" or "investment strategies" or "how to" whatever, people get intrigued to find out more and read the hub or pin it to bookmark it.

1. LeonJane profile image84
        LeonJaneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Another interesting question would be, Does HubPages like the way photos may end up if a majority of users adopt this style of photo representation?

i.e. The 'look' of a hubs photos will represent more like a magazine cover, may look too busy?

Do these photos with words over them search well in Google Images searches? They probably do if you add an accurate description in the picture capsule.

Just a thought, thanks smile

4. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing, WryLilt. I see that font size and shaded background makes a huge difference. I've tried my hand at this via picmonkey with only a few hubs. One of them gets weekly pins so it does help. Otherwise, one would never know what the article was about. I do think LeonJane asks good questions about the effects of the trend. Sometimes I think the right image speaks for itself without any enhancement. But you are living proof that MFP images make all the difference to the bottomline: views, social media interaction, increased traffic, and money.

5. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 3 years ago

Gee, thanks so much for this link and for the information.  I need all the help I can get smile

6. profile image0
    LisaKeatingposted 3 years ago

WryLilt, You told me recently that you used Picmonkey for you photos. Is that how you did the bucket one? I just created one for my "5 Tips for Parents" hub.

7. LeslieAdrienne profile image82
    LeslieAdrienneposted 3 years ago

I am with you VocalCoach.... all the help I can get!

working