jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Can't see the number of social media shares (like facebook, twitter)

1. K Kiss profile image72
    K Kissposted 3 years ago

A few weeks or maybe a month or two ago I recall being able to see the number of facebook, twitter, pinterest shares etc next to my hubs. Now the social media buttons have changed and I can only see the social media share buttons but not the number of times my hubs have been shared. Is there any way to see the number of shares?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi K,

As ChristinS mentioned, we no longer display the share counts on our social sharing buttons due to the longer load time caused by that style of button. However, you can find out how many likes/shares your Hub has by pasting its URL into Like Explorer. Hope that helps!

1. ChristinS profile image92
        ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this Christy smile

2. K Kiss profile image72
        K Kissposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot!! I was wondering what happened to it as I used to get so excited seeing the likes increase. But I found this in my own personal research that people who read tend to share articles more often when they see many other people having shared the article .. must be some kind of mass psychology..anyway thanks a lot for the clarification.

2. ChristinS profile image92
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

There was a recent round of updates where HP changed the social media buttons and at that time, the numbers were removed.  There are nicer social media sharing buttons now however.  I miss having that info too. It was nice to look and see how many likes/shares a hub had.

3. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I've noticed some other sites are starting to do likewise. I'm beginning to think that load time is Google's Next Big Thing. If so, the Huffington Post is doomed unless they wake up (just thought I'd throw that in big_smile).

working