Can someone who has been paid by google advise me of the next step?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 9 years ago

I have not checked Google adsense in a while and when I checked today I have over the threshold amount. They have my banking information already verified. I can't figure out if there is anything else I need to do so that I get paid this month. The amount for June is still *estimated earning*, but if it finalizes the same I am pretty sure they would pay out at the end of the month. Can someone tell me if there are other steps? The whole google site confuses me. Thanks

1. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Peeples, check your Google account, not HP. Google doesn't pay until you've earned $100. Estimated earnings are not true earnings. Google sends monthly (or quarterly - I forget) statements. You need to go by what your Google account says, not what HP says it says.

Also, if you changed your AdSense account to HP's, as was recommended, you will be paid thru HP, not Google. I lost my Google Affiliate account status on my blog once I did this. I have no idea if the two are related, but I get more traffic on HP than I do my blog, so for now I'm OK with it. I'm now making more thru HP than I was before.

peeplesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I get money from both (somehow). I am familiar with HP procedures, but am just now reaching the $100 for google. Now that you say all that I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. Am I not able to use both Google and HP? Confused

HP had us change our Google AdSense. If you didn't change it, you should be Okay. Then again, I may be confusing Amazon with Google. Too many changes! It was the Amazon Affiliate status I lost with my blog once I made HP's recommended change. If you want to delete my responses, feel free. Apparently, I'm confused too!

Still, check your Google account and see what it says.

Lol, no worries. Hopefully at some point a kind hubber will step in and help us both out! smile

2. rajan jolly profile image92
      rajan jollyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I believe if are any steps you missed out in your Adsense verification then you'd have got info about it in your notifications.
      The last 2 times Google sent a cheque to me it was not delivered since my area falls outside the service of the courier company. So it was sent back.
      I emailed to them about this and they credited the account to my account.
      Recently for India they have changed the mode of payment to the bank account instead. My bank account has been verified and this time sometime around the last week of this month I should get my payment into the bank directly.
      Since you bank account is verified it is jst a matter of time before you receive your payment.

2. chasmac profile image92
    chasmacposted 9 years ago

Don't worry Peeples. You'll still be paid by Google. As you're enrolled in the HP ad program, most, but not all, of the ads are paid through HubPages, but there's still one ad on each hub that is paid by Google via your Adsense account.
    When you reach the Adsense threshold, payment will be made around 25 days after the end of the month in which you passed it.
    I passed the threshold (60 pounds in the UK) in the middle of May and received the cash in my bank on the 25th of June.
    The payment timeline is explained more fully in the Adsense Help pages.

It seams I read something at some point on Google saying that I needed to have a paper mailed to me to confirm my address. I received a letter from them a long time ago (snail mail). So I wasn't sure if I missed something. Thank you.

That would have been your pin number. Did you enter it into your Google AdSence account?

I have no idea, that was a long time ago. Seems there be some type of message telling me that. I have navigated all around the GA site and can't find detailed Q and A or FAQ. All I find is the basic FAQ that covers broad answers. It tells me when I will get paid, but doesn't explain when I will get paid if I forgot to enter something or if I verified my bank too late.

1. chasmac profile image92
            chasmacposted 9 years agoin reply to this

According to Adsense Help:
            "You'll have 6 months from the date your first PIN is generated to enter it in your account. If you haven't entered it after 6 months, we will stop showing ads on your pages."

If you hadn't replied within 6 months then they would have stopped displaying ads and you would never have reached the Adsense payout threshold.

By the way, you mean you couldn't find info in Adsense Help, not GA help, right? If you want to know more about the PIN, just enter "PIN" into the Adsense Help search box. It's all there.

GA was Google Adsense, implying their site (sorry I type in quick phases in between getting breakfast ready for the kids). I don't remember ever entering the pin, however I read what you posted and I remember reading it on the site also and I must have just forgotten entering the PIN. Thank you.

1. chasmac profile image92
                chasmacposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ah sorry - I thought your "GA" meant Google Analytics and you had been searching for help in the wrong site.
                I had exactly the same concern as you for a while. I couldn't remember entering the PIN and could only relax after seeing no disruption to the ads being displayed after 6 months. (This was on my own site previous to joining Hubpages). Unfortunately, I can't blame such lack of attention on getting the kids' breakfast ready. I'll have to put it down to the ageing process :-(

2. ChristinS profile image40
            ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Usually if any of the Google areas need your attention you'll see a little alert thing at the top of your screen in red that looks like a little bell or something.  It will tell you if you need to do something or if something is wrong.  If you still aren't sure I would contact their support.  I think you're probably all set though.

3. ChristinS profile image40
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

If you've sent them your banking information you'll be fine.  If you reached their payout threshold this month, you'll be paid at the end of next month.  Mine gets deposited every month usually from the 23rd - 28th.  The 23rd was the earliest I've received payment 28th the latest, but it's usually right in the middle somewhere.

The other poster is confusing Analytics (the thing we have to upgrade) with Adsense.  They have nothing to do with each other.  As for HP's program and Adsense, you can indeed use both programs at the same time.

Thanks! I just verified my bank account yesterday morning. Wondering if it will change when I get paid since I was so late verifying the account.

4. weezyschannel profile image87
    weezyschannelposted 9 years ago

I make approximately one dollar a year through AdSense from hp. My websites a different story but I can't do anything on HubPages for some reason

5. incomeguru profile image96
    incomeguruposted 9 years ago

My June AdSense earning was sent 18/06/2014, and I got credit alert from my bank the second day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)