jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Posts being moved

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Ok, I'm wondering why my posts keep getting moved to some other area, and I can't find them when I go back to look for them.

Just before I signed off last night, I posted a joke in the "freeform discusion" thread...which IS labeled for non-specific topics and "....other vacuous fun."  Surely, a joke fits those parameters.

However, after seeing this morning in the notifications that there were some comments on the joke (folks seemed to enjoy it), when I go back now to see if there was any further interaction, the post is nowhere to be found under any of "my posts," or even unfiltered for my own posts.

Many times, I've had people point me to, "Oh--it was moved over here...and provide a link."  Well, that's interesting..  How do they know it was moved, and how did they find the link when I cannot find it myself?

Why does HP insist on moving stuff around even when it would seem to be posted in the appropriate forum section??????

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago

Can you find it by going to "My Activity" on your profile page?
    I agree it was vacuous fun.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Any thread you've posted in can be found by clicking the "your" button under Latest Activity at the top of the forums, so as to only see threads you've posted in.

Or you can go to your activity page off your profile, it's titled My Activity. 

Or you can find your comments on your Feed.

Have you looked for your joke in the Comedy topic?  That's where there are a lot of threads that are just jokes.

DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah--I always look in the "your" tab in the forums...and am not finding it..this has happened numerous times before, and people say it's been moved.

I never see a comedy topic when I look in the forum topics.  the "freeform discussion" is the closest I find.

I did not realize that the 'activity' link under the profile is any different from the 'activity' on the task bar when on the page listing one's hubs. ....

and yes, from there, I see it, and yes, in the 'comedy' forum.  But...that is not where I posted it, because no such forum was visible to me when I went to post the joke.  so, on the 'freeform discussion' topic, under the "your" tab, it was not showing up.
      I realize this is of very little importance--it is just frustrating to have to jump through hoops to find things.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think the "your"  button on forums only shows the 'important' forums--- but if you look at "Your Activity" on your profile you will find everything you have posted....even if it has been moved.

2. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My understanding of the forums is that if the topic of discussion really has nothing to do with HubPages, the thread should be posted in the Topical forums (http://hubpages.com/forum/topical)  And thus sometimes threads that are not discussing HubPages sometimes get moved from the forums designated as being for HubPages-focused discussion (http://hubpages.com/forum/hubpages). 

There is a button/toggle which switches between those two forum views (on whatever you see as a forum homepage) because it allows the users who do not wish to interact in the broader topics to stick solely to HubPages discussion.  Essentially, this was HubPages response to users begging and pleading for a way to selectively filter the forums.  There used to be another filter that was a browser plugin that worked much better.

You can view one chunk or the other as you wish.

That is understandable, but when under the description of "Freeform Discussion," part of that description ends in "...and other vacuous fun."  It certainly seems a tacit permission for non-HP-related topics, including jokes, and the word games I often see there....
          That is why I'm confused....
          and under the topical forums toggle, I don't see "comedy."

In the top of the page pathway listings, though, AFTER I am on the page on which the joke appeared, it does have 'comedy' at the END after 'entertainment and media.' 
          Perhaps 'comedy' needs its own top-level path on the topical forums main page, though, because I took 'entertainment and media' to be aimed at discussions of movies, video games, social media sites, and the like rather than jokes.

Sigh--this old dog is still struggling to learn new tricks...

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
            LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's too bad that HP decides what we can see and what we can't see. I missed your jokes because HP decided that it belonged somewhere else..................Oh well.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago

MsLizzy-- we are not old if we are still learning-- new tricks, included.

5. Sed-me profile image82
    Sed-meposted 3 years ago
    1. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
      LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

BTW I share the sentiment expressed by gmwilliams  on a forum post about you.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing....  wink

(Since I don't know which particular post of hers to which you might refer)

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image91

Yes--I did finally find it--thank you.

working