Top 3% of Hubbers? Really?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (66 posts)
  1. goatfury profile image92
    goatfuryposted 9 years ago

"Hi goatfury,

You have accomplished quite a feat; you have published 25 Featured Hubs! And guess what? You are in the top 3% of Hubbers who have achieved this milestone. Way to go!

Thanks,
    HubPages"

1. Sed-me profile image78
      Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You've incorporated the talent of Ernest Hemingway with the fury of a goat.

2. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Make it to 50 Hubs, and you'll be in the top 1% = 585 Hubbers out of 58,597.

goatfuryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are there really less than 600 Hubbers with more than 50 hubs?  Any data to back this?

1. Writer Fox profile image32

You can see the number of published users (not necessarily those with featured Hubs) at the bottom of this page:
          http://hubpages.com/about/us

When you publish your 50th Hub, you get the auto-response email which says you're in the top 1%.  All that means is that most people who start on this site don't do very much.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox:

I have way more than 100 hubs, all featured, and I never got a letter...boo hoo!

1. DrMark1961 profile image98
              DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Keep going, the letters get even stranger: this is what I got after 300 hubs:
              "Fun fact: In bowling, 300 is a perfect score - 300 published Hubs are pretty perfect too!"
              I can only imagine the kind of letters Patty Inglish got when she published her 2000th hub.

Too cool! cool

2. goatfury profile image92

2000 is an excellent landmark.  I'd like to make it there within a few years.  I find that one hub every day or two is working out great, so maybe 20 hubs a month, or about 250 a year, give or take.  I guess that's 7 or 8 years to 2000 hubs, but may as well hunker down for the long haul!  It's all about consistency.

1. bwhite062007 profile image87
                  bwhite062007posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow 2000?! That is an excellent feat. By the way, great job goatfury!

2. Suzanne Day profile image92
        Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

OMG am I really in the 1%? Wow, that makes my day wink

3. stuff4kids profile image60
      stuff4kidsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't this mean that you are in the top 3% of Hubbers who have published a minimum of 25 hubs, rather than overall? So not in the top 3% who have published 50 or 100 or 1000 hubs? Do you see what I mean?

Even so, well done!

I'm sure there are lots of Hubbers who have only signed up. Others with 1000s of poor quality hubs, others with hundreds of top-notch hubs, others with...ah, if only we knew!

On the other hand, I know nothing as I have only managed 21.

22nd to be published soon. Maybe. Watch this space but... er, don't hold ya breath!   smile

That's actually an excellent point.  I don't know how that happened, but okay.

2. drpennypincher profile image85
    drpennypincherposted 9 years ago

I suspect there are a lot of Hubbers with 0 hubs...

<Air out of tires> sad

The... goat... also rises?

And that my friend... is why you're in the top 3.

Everyone should have their own drummer.

1. relache profile image66
                relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'll take Carl Palmer circa 1973, thanks.

If you had him circa 73, you would have been... what? 10?
                  If you had him now... you'd have to share him with his grand kids... he's 64.
                  I think you are star-crossed... unless you really just needed a drummer?

Please don't let me end up with Ringo.  Please don't let me end up with Ringo.

2. relache profile image66
                    relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I was not yet 10 in 1973.

I certainly don't need a drummer as much as I need Tom Hardy.

2. RockyMountainMom profile image69
                  RockyMountainMomposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nice.

2. stuff4kids profile image60
          stuff4kidsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In my experience, goats are soft and gentle creatures who climb to great heights...

smile

1. RockyMountainMom profile image69

Well, they climb anyway....

http://cdn2-www.webecoist.momtastic.com … -goats.jpg

babies and miniatures are gentle and fluffy....

http://cdn1.bloguin.com/wp-content/uplo … haring.jpg

Baby goats are simply adorable, possibly even hubworthy.

Ooh, be sure to mention baby miniatures, then.  I mean look at these!

http://www.greenmoxie.com/wp/wp-content … -goats.jpg

I'm pretty sure I read about a miniature goat dairy farm, maybe in Washington state somewhere?

There's a park here in Richmond I'd probably write something about:

http://www.maymont.org/

Neat...I'd read that! I was just in Virginia, but I saw no goats.  I did bring home a car, though, and saw deer, coyote, antelope, bison, domestic sheep---maybe some domestic goats in South Dakota?  But I haven't written those hubs yet.  And we got stopped for a cattle drive when we got back to Montana.  I did do a starter hub before hand...is it spam to post it?  I like little winding chains of connections/coincidences like this, so I'm doing it (please tell me if it's tacky)

http://rockymountainmom.hubpages.com/hu … Road-Ahead

I'm a sucker for little coincidences, so I like it that being in the top 3% led to goats which led to Virginia.  I'm a bit loopy, though, from back to school colds brought home by my kids.  I think climbing baby goats pushed me over the edge.

2. lisavollrath profile image90
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And the Q&A section would back that suspicion up.

The suspicion that goats are soft and furry creatures?

3. Michael Kismet profile image91
    Michael Kismetposted 9 years ago

Congratulations goatfury, I checked out some of your hubs, very fascinating topics you're writing about, I'm quite envious.  I just published my 27th hub, and wasn't aware that I was in the top 3%.  it's motivating, as juvenile as that sounds.

Thanks for breaking it down for us newbies WF, 50 hubs before the year is out!

I know what you mean.  It's goofy, but if it motivates you, it's totally worth paying attention to!  I also plan to have 50 Hubs before the year is out (not counting the Squidoo lenses transferring to another account).

4. CassandraCae profile image83
    CassandraCaeposted 9 years ago

Wow, I am hoping to make it out of bootcamp today.  I hope to be up to that number before the year is out.  Keep it going!!!!

In the immortal words of Rob Schneider, "You can do it!"

Immortal words of... Rob Schneider.... words I never expected to see together in my lifetime.

Truer words weren't never not spoken.

At first I thought you were having an aneurysm. lol

5. beautifulearth profile image68
    beautifulearthposted 9 years ago

The good thing about Hubpages is , the older your hubs become to more passive views those are going to receive . So, just keep up the good work wink

Thanks!  I look forward to that.

6. goatfury profile image92

Clearly.  I just had some seltzer water and moved into the top 2% of hubbers.

7. goatfury profile image92

^ completely kidding

completely laughing

8. taiwokareem profile image59
    taiwokareemposted 9 years ago

wow that's a milestone achieved by Patty

She is the best, with the highest quality Hubs! 
      http://pattyinglishms.hubpages.com/

9. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I guess I am in top 3% now with 28 hubs.

10. Cari Kay 11 profile image86
    Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

Only been here a week or two and top 1%.  Somehow that doesn't seem right though smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)