jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)

Is there an easy way to remove the bullets that were added to my pages

1. iijuan12 profile image87
    iijuan12posted 3 years ago

Is there an easy way to remove the bullets that were added to my pages? Can I report it as a bug to be fixed? Many of my pages now have bullet points randomly inserted throughout the pages.  They were not there on my squidoo lenses, and there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for their placement on my hubpages.  In order to remove them, I have to individually remove each one on the page.  Is there an easier way to do this? Would this be considered a bug that I can report? If you'd like to see an example, go to http://iijuan12.hubpages.com/hub/genetics-lesson .

1. Paul Ward profile image79
      Paul Wardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

These are "lists" in webpage terminology.

What was there before, on the lens? What was in the content that made the transfer program do this?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Edit the text capsule and look at what formatting is applied.

2. Writer Fox profile image77
        Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

In the edit capsule, click on the bullet list icon and then save the change at the top right of the capsule.
        http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11144560.jpg

1. Paul Ward profile image79
          Paul Wardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The page mentioned above has some very odd lists. Merely removing them via the editing facility may well just lead to a different set of problems. It's usually better to try to understand a a problem like this before wading in with the sledgehammer.

1. Writer Fox profile image77

I realize that you are new and don't understand many of the technicalities of the capsules here.  Removing bullets isn't anything about sledgehammers.  It just takes a simple click and, if the results are not better, another simple click will undo the action. 

In the example iijuan12 gave, it looks like a normal bullet list to me. It also looks like it might have originally been a numbered list that transferred here to a bulleted list:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11150812.png

1. NanLT profile image87
              NanLTposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've not come across this problem yet, but certainly I would think figuring out the cause before clicking buttons would be a better way to go about doing things, especially if lists are showing up where they hadn't been before.

Just because someone is new to Hub Pages, it does not also mean they are new to the technicalities of writing and formatting. The idea of not wading in with a sledgehammer could equally apply to the way people are spoken to here.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
                Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm not getting where the sledgehammer is.  If you try making a change in a text capsule and don't like what it does, you just "discard changes" before you close the capsule.

3. relache profile image85
        relacheposted 3 years ago

If you had a text list module on Squidoo, those import as bullet lists in a text capsule here.

4. iijuan12 profile image87

I'm not sure what the "text list module on Squidoo" was and don't think I would have ever used it.  I just used the plain text module.  I did add numbers to all of my lesson plans, but I did that without html coding in a normal text module.  In addition, the bullets are inserted in a totally random fashion, breaking up sentences.  I am fairly certain it does not have to do with something I did while using Squidoo, because I used the same numbering on almost all 300 of my Squidoo lenses, but not all of them were plagued with the "random bullet bug."   

I am aware of how to manually remove every single bullet from every single individual module on hubpages.  Hitting the "bullet" option button only removes the first bullet in each module.  The remaining bullets remain until I manually remove them.  I spent an hour doing that on one of my pages. 

I was hoping that I could maybe get that fixed by hubpages on all my pages where they have been randomly distributed since they were not there on the original pages.  I would prefer to not have to put in additional hours of work manually removing them if there was a way if it would qualify as a bug that could get fixed by hubpages.

Bummer.

Hopefully Marina Lazarevic will see your post here and find out how to fix the problem.

iijuan12posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Is there a way to directly contact her or is that allow here at hubpages?

team@hubpages.com

In the subject, put 'Technical Problem.'

Give them this link to your post:
              http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/124819#post2637716

Thank you so much! I will do that!

5. Paul Edmondson profile image
        Paul Edmondsonposted 3 years ago

Thanks for reporting it. I've logged it and we will report back shortly on options.

Thank you very much for the help!

6. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Hubpages uses only very simple html.  I can't see the downside of just clicking the undo bullet button.

She did try that, but that only removed one bullet.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
            psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Probably because the cursor was sitting in/selecting only one paragraph.

7. iijuan12 profile image87

I've only been able to go through about 1/3 of my pages so far.  So far I've found 3 additional pages that were plagued with the random bullet bug:

http://iijuan12.hubpages.com/hub/illusion-lesson

http://iijuan12.hubpages.com/hub/botany-scavenger-hunt

http://iijuan12.hubpages.com/hub/weathe … ield-trips

I also noted that on these pages either most or all of the links were removed or disabled.

working