Where are my referrals?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Sprinkler Man profile image58
    Sprinkler Manposted 15 years ago

I have tried walking others through the process of signing up under one of my links and I have signed up under my own link and I do not see the referrals showing up. Is there a delay in this?

How long has this been going on?

Thanks

SM

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with you on this one, as I have a friend I recommended and she isn't showing up under my tracker either. I understand what you are saying completely but I have never brought it to anyone's attention until now..smile When you find out how to fix it let me know. smile

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

How long you have been signing up as your own referral? I don't know... I think you should know better lol

3. Sprinkler Man profile image58

YOUR LIKE A LEECH - GO AWAY!!!

4. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

*quietly going away*
    he-he

1. Dame Scribe profile image56
      Dame Scribeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

catches up n walkin with ya tongue hope you dont mind, lol lol

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Surely I don't mind, especially if you can sing along "Sprinkle, Sprinkle little star..." lol

I know I am bad, I can't help it smile

Sprinkler Manposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I guess thats a little better than "mishka mushka mickey mouse" lol lol lol

1. AEvans profile image73
            AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

oh lorrrrrddddddd:D

2. Misha profile image64

LOL that was a good one smile

5. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

If you have legitimate referrals using the referral tracker, they should show > here

I'm not sure how long it takes to show though.

6. Sprinkler Man profile image58

I am familiar with how to use the tracker, that is how I would know they are not showing up.

Thanks though,

I have been at a friends house and signed them up after showing them one of my hubs and they showed up in the tracker immediately.

I made a specific tracker for them to sign up with and walked them through it and they still have not shown up.

I hope someone can actually fix this for me and I wonder how long this has been going on.

7. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

If you want to be sure they are tracked to, you should have them clear their cookies before clicking on your link.  If they've clicked a link from another tracker in the last 2 hours it will block your tracker from being set, as explained here in the FAQ.

Sprinkler Manposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This really does not help at all. I was on the phone with my sister she
      Never heard of hubpages I gave her the link to use and walked her through the
      Signup process. Cookies has nothing to do with it. And what about me Signing up from my
      Computer - did you even read what I posted or my emails?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
        Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sprinkler Man:

We're trying to work with you to figure out what could have gone wrong.  Could you send the link, exactly as you sent it to your sister, to team@hubpages.com, please, so that we can continue to work towards a resolution in a civil manner?

8. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

If you made them a tracker to sign up with.. it won't show up as yours hmm maybe you will have to double check their settings. smile

9. Dame Scribe profile image56

thou cloudeths me mind when you flirteths with us ladies ..I must declare thou sendeths me into a swoon tongue how's that? lol

1. Misha profile image64

LOL I imagine catching you on your way down....

10. Dame Scribe profile image56

but you toucheths my person will sendeths me off into a fit of hysterical giggles yikes lol jus way too ticklish, lol

11. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL how can you feel that if you fainted? You are fooling poor gullible man, I know wink

12. Dame Scribe profile image56

I dont believe for a second you be poor or gullible,Misha smile too much a sweety

13. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

L@@K, as soon as I see pretty woman, she can dupe me into anything!

Tss, it's a big secret wink

14. Dame Scribe profile image56

I won't whisper a word wink lol

15. Abhishek87 profile image59
    Abhishek87posted 15 years ago

Ok, I have another question :

In my recent hub about antivirus and fast computers, I have some links to other hubs that deal with similar subjects and I have placed a tracker in them.  So, now the "Traffic hub views" for that referral tracker have gone to like 220 in a week ( thats way too much for me tongue ) while my Total views for that hub are 55 ?????

I mean if someone is viewing the others hubs through my tracked links, shouldn't the hub views for my hub also increase ??

The hub in question : http://hubpages.com/hub/-Beginners-Guid … -Computers

1. BristolBoy profile image64
      BristolBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I was also thinking that.  However, my theory is that it tracks all links from that point forward, until the person in question clicks another link.  Thus, if someone clicks on a link form your page they start the tracker.  However, they may then end up reading another 10 or 20 pages on hubpages and thus generate more hits associated with your tracker.  I hope this makes sense!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)