jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Editor's Choice - Explanation please

1. Shades-of-truth profile image86
    Shades-of-truthposted 3 years ago

At the bottom of our Account pages, I see an icon that says "Editor's Choice". Because I am leery of clicking on things I do not yet understand, I did not see if it was "clickable".

Would someone explain what that is used for? All I can surmise, is that it is something that might appear next to a certain hub, if it has been selected for promotion - sort of like we had the Lens of the Day on Squidoo.

Thank you in advance, as I know someone will let me know.

By the way, I looked online, but did not find a satisfactory answer...

1. Jayne Lancer profile image90
      Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This appears beside a hub if it's been selected as an Editor's Choice. Click on that symbol, and you'll get this message:

Congratulations! Your Hub has been selected as an Editor's Choice! Your Hub was selected by Editors and will be promoted by HubPages and shown on HubPages.com. Our hats are off to you; only a small percentage of Hubs are chosen!

Learn more in the FAQ entry about Editor's Choice.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#Editors-Choice

1. The Examiner-1 profile image79
        The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am not sure, but I believe Jayne that she saw it at the bottom beneath ALL of the Hubs and wants to know what it stands for. I see that gave her the FAQ page.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image90
          Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, she saw it at the bottom of her stats page. If one of her hubs were chosen as an Editor's Choice, the symbol would appear beside the hub. You see the message I've quoted when you click on the symbol, whether it's at the bottom of the page or beside a hub that's been selected as an Editor's Choice. That message includes a link that leads to a section of FAQ explaining Editor's Choice, but it didn't show up as a link when I copied and pasted the message on this thread. So I copied and pasted the link address instead, where Shades-of-Truth will find a full and proper explanation.

2. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think you might want to read these forum posts about the program before you decide:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/115372
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/116372

I wouldn't recommend it for people transferring from Squidoo because you have already had the URLs of your articles redirected once.  With the EC program, it will happen again.  If your Hub falls out of the program, which can happen, then you get another redirect and change of URL.  Google won't follow that many redirects.

The 301 redirect is supposed to be permanent, not temporary.

2. pateluday profile image2
    pateludayposted 3 years ago

You have to stay opt in for one of your hubs to be selected as Editor's Choice. The first step is creating a featured hub but as you progress your hub might qualify for being selected by editors.

The privileged hub will be featured on main hubpages and promoted in some manner.

3. Shades-of-truth profile image86
    Shades-of-truthposted 3 years ago

Thank you, one and all! Apologies for not responding right away, as I asked the question right before we had to "close up shop" and head home.

Perhaps I should not be so reluctant to click on things, for had I done that, I would have seen the answer. I had a basic understanding of what "Editor's Choice" meant, but was confused by the icon at the bottom of the account page.

The clarification helps, a lot, and it is really great to get answers rapidly!

working