Five minutes to help me please?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

Hi. I'm hoping someone has a spare five minutes (and a good internet connection) to help me please. Because I live off the grid in the Aussie bush and use a slow and unreliable satellite internet connection, I cannot get a youtube video to load and run to the end. All I get is the first 30 seconds, then an error message.

Someone with a very strange sense of humour has stolen the text of one of my hubs and turned it into a youtube video. Lol. I heard the accent. It sounds nothing like me. (Can't wait until my husband wakes in the morning so he can hear how I sound on video. smile )

Before I file a DMCA and have it removed, I'd love to know what they are selling - or what they say - at the end of the video.  Would someone please watch it for me and let me know what the punchline is?  Where are they directing people after watching this extraordinarily boring video? (If I'd made it, at least it would have moving pictures!!)

The address of the link is http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=5NBBJDxQ_lA  ..... with youtube joined to be all one word.

Thanks, in advance.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image59
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I watched the video and someone was speaking while a "cube" with the words written on it would rotate each time that the speaker reached the bottom. New words would show up on the next side. That is all that was shown. The words on the cube seemed too small to read.
      Then I went back to your Hub and read it as I listened to the video again. They began at the beginning and read it word for word to the end, even "the photo shows" was spoken, but there were no photos in the video. They did skip a couple of sections/paragraphs which I guess were unimportant to them.
      Nothing sounded funny to me. It was not professionally recorded and there were a few parts that had "word echos" and others where the words were written but not spoken.
      I hope that helps LTM.

LongTimeMotherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that helps enormously. Thank you.

I appreciate you going to the trouble of comparing my hub to their sound track. In my DMCA I said the entire article was read. From what you say here, I wasn't too far off the mark. Will be interesting to see how long it takes for it to be removed.

I wonder what people who randomly view it would think when hearing the text read out loud. Seems quite bizarre.

You are very welcome, it was no problem.
          Well, unless they are very curious about the plant and its cures, they may lose interest because, personally, I did not think that it was easy to read the writing. Listening to the speaker there is the "echo" and the incomplete sentences plus it says (once or twice?) "in the photo", but you do not see a photo. I do not think it is very helpful.

2. TheWritingnag profile image59
    TheWritingnagposted 9 years ago

it's ashver dot com but they aren't directing people to another site, clearly just doing it for the advertising dollars. It looks like many of their videos are just stolen content put to video as they have more than 11,000+ views doing the same kind of videos.

Thanks, TheWritingnag. I've never heard of hubs being stolen to be read on youtube before, but perhaps there are lots of others. How weird.

Do they just stop reading and say nothing more at the end?

And did they take out reference to my photos?

2. TheWritingnag profile image59
        TheWritingnagposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'll attach a screenshot of the end of the video. I'm guessing they read your entire article and is the picture of comfrey yours too? I would look around the channel because if you often write on this topic I imagine they lifted those too.
        http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11845887.jpg

Good point. Thanks. I will check them out tomorrow.

I appreciate you giving me this info. This joyous off-grid lifestyle does have its disadvantages when it comes to watching videos online. smile

Bedtime in Australia. (1am.) Good night, and thanks again.

3. LongTimeMother profile image92

Filed the DMCA. Thanks, TheWritingnag. smile

1. My Cook Book profile image60
      My Cook Bookposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It really annoys when someone plagiarizes the content. I am now too filing a DMCA again to protect my hubs...

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

That is really odd.  How did you even find them LTM?

Hi MT. If they ever invent an award for hubber most likely to file a DMCA, I'm going to be in the running. smile

I regularly cut and paste small excerpts from my hubs into google (in inverted commas " ") to identify stolen copies of my work. Then I lodge a DMCA.

I'm on first-name terms with many friendly, helpful legal teams from hosting companies around the world. lol. It must be very disappointing for people who steal my work. It generally doesn't take me long to catch them.

1. TheWritingnag profile image59

I just filed one yesterday so I completely understand.

5. TheWritingnag profile image59
    TheWritingnagposted 9 years ago

Just took some time and looked at some other videos there are loads of stolen hubs done the same way. Is there anyway to report the user to YouTube for copyright violations for the whole site?

6. Blond Logic profile image93
    Blond Logicposted 9 years ago

This is the first time I have heard of this kind of thing. I am sorry this has happened to you, but I am glad you told us about it.

I hope it gets pulled down soon.

1. TheWritingnag profile image59

I see other Hubs that have content taken and turned into videos...how can I report it so that the community is aware?

TheWritingnag, you could start a new forum thread that gives hubbers an overview of what you saw on youtube. Quite a few people will see it. Presumably staff will also get wind of it. Perhaps they'll mention it in their newsletter.

There's little point in me starting another thread to warn people because I haven't had the chance to actually view it ... and my satellite is not good with youtube.

Thanks also to the others who have commented on this thread.  smile

7. LongTimeMother profile image92

Here's the update. Just checked my email. 19 hours ago youtube advised me they'd removed the video. I returned to the page and it says ...

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by LongTimeMother.
    Sorry about that."

It only took them three days to remove it. I think that's very good service. smile

Congrats! I take it that everything is back to normal now.

lol. 'Normal' might be a bit of a stretch. smile

I meant for that Hub. I know it does not change everything. :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)