jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Stuck In My Craw

1. Arachnea profile image82
    Arachneaposted 2 years ago

Yeh, I know I'm not a bird, but go with me on this one. Anyone ever get a topic stuck in their craw and find it's impossible to get it out of your head until you write about it?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image79
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes, it depends, I keep a notebook and write ideas down. Just writing the title down may help me forget about it. If I have gotten a better idea then I write a Hub about that one. If the first idea keeps bugging me then I write a Hub about it.

2. kenneth avery profile image82
      kenneth averyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Arachnea,
      Oct. 13, 7:45 p.m., cdst
      Yes. Just did.

1. Arachnea profile image82
        Arachneaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ideas pop up in the strangest places. I was watching Agatha Christie's Carribean Murder last night. They included a cute little aside. Ian Fleming was present at a lecture and had confessed to being stuck in choosing a name for the lead character in a detective novel he was writing. The key-note speaker was an authority on local birds. The speaker's name was James Bond. I died laughing at that part in the movie. So, now, I'm a ghost writer. wink :p

1. kenneth avery profile image82

I hate to disappoint, but that was me.

3. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's what I use Bubblews for!   Just because I feel I need to get something off my chest, it doesn't mean it merits the care and attention needed to create a good Hub.   Often, the subject doesn't have much potential as a Hub anyway.   So I find it much easier to dash off a quick post or two on Bubblews, where my friends can see it and I may or may not make a few pennies (but I don't really care).

1. BritFlorida profile image68
        BritFloridaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If I get an idea for a new article,I make a folder for it on my computer (in the HubPages folder in this case). It might stay empty for a while but if I see something online that relates to it I bung it into the folder for future research.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

For me, it depends what the topic is.  Often, when I get an idea that really demands my attention, it's not an evergreen topic - and therefore it would probably be a waste of my time to write a Hub about it.   So Bubblews is a good outlet to get rid of those unprofitable subjects without chewing up too much time and effort.

2. Arachnea profile image82
          Arachneaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like an interesting idea. For now I just make a note and try to keep hold of my various bits of scrap. I also start a really pressing idea in a hub and then set it to unpublished. This keeps a running list of ideas to write on at my finger tips, so to speak.

3. kenneth avery profile image82

Great idea! Now I do not have to scour CNN, CBS or other news sources for a good Hub idea.

2. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Yes. I posted in Q&A about the subject almost two years ago. I think about it all the time, especially when I driving in Washington, DC. Just last week, I said to myself, "I really need to write that hub."

working