jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Can we ban a specific ad from our hubs?

1. Judy Filarecki profile image89
    Judy Filareckiposted 2 years ago

I write a lot of recipe hubs for diabetics and gluten, grain-free people. I keep getting this annoying Ad on all of these hubs stating there are five food you should never eat, and it shows a banana getting progressively ripe. Many of my recipes use bananas since they are very nutritious, full of fiber and work great as a base of the recipes.

I clicked on the ad once to see what it is all about and it never even mentions bananas. It really aggravates me that it might be turning off my readers before they even start.

Can I ban this add from my hubs? 
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11952504.jpg

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You can set some preferences in your AdSense controls, but those preferences will not be in effect during HubPages' ad code timeshare.

I have some strong feelings about some ads myself, and while I can't control them all the time here, I do have my own preferences set to block things to which I strongly object.

Judy Filareckiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the quick response. Where do you set your own preferences. I've probably been there all ready but with so much going with transferring from Squidoo, I can't remember.

1. Maina Ndungu profile image84
        Maina Ndunguposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Mouse over the ad to see the address and add it to blocked ads in your adsense. I once did this and the ad disappeared for good.
        It might take some time before the annoying ad is gone.

1. Dressage Husband profile image82
          Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Maina has already given you the correct answer.

Thank you both. I will give that a try.

3. Lionrhod profile image89
    Lionrhodposted 2 years ago

LOL bananas are a wonderful source of protein, sugar and potassium. I can't imagine them being a food we shouldn't eat.

But some idiot and their fad diet...

You might want to consider a "banana facts" or "are bananas bad for you?" hub.

What next? They'll tell us breathing is bad for us.

LOL. That's a good idea. Thanks

working