I am STILL Thankful ...

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Jacqueline4390 profile image81
    Jacqueline4390posted 9 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11955372_f1024.jpg There are numerous things that are going on in the World and perhaps in the neighborhood that may give us cause for alarm or dismay. But regardless of these unfortunate occurrences there are still many things to give thanks. Can you pause for a moment and name a few ... even one?

Jacqueline4390posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am very thankful for my beautiful children and grandchildren. My home ... my health ... and the wonderful people in my life!

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is always a good thread.
        I am grateful for my continued health, my intellect, my resourcefulness and my friends and family.

Those are wonderful reasons for gratitude!

2. Jodah profile image90
          Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

excellent. I agree.

2. bethperry profile image82
      bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am grateful for my devoted, giving, loving husband, my humorous and intelligent kids, my healthy, adorable grandchildren. I am grateful to have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food, water, shelter and the good health to enjoy all these things. I am grateful for my cats that bring me laughter and snuggles and for my little bird whose song brightens my days. I am grateful my parents are still with us and that my brother and his family are well and prosperous. I am grateful for all family and for my friends, and all the material necessities the good gods have generously bestowed on me and mine. I am grateful that I can see those that I love and that I can hear their voices. I am grateful for the invention of music and for the ability to dance to it, and also the ability to put my arms around those I love and dance with them to music's beat. I am grateful for the ground beneath my feet, the sun above my head and the night that offers rest. I am grateful for the planet to which I was born and the beauties of which surround me. As much as anything I am grateful for the guidance I hear in the abiding voices of the gods, whose presence are felt in all things, both manifest and unseen, and who have not abandoned me even in my most arrogant or blind of moments. And that they have cherished me when I've shown my worst, I will endeavor to cherish life when it shows its worst.

That's the spirit! We truly have so many wonderful things to be grateful for! Why wait until a special occasion to tell someone that you love them ... appreciate them ... happy that they are in your life! Everyday should be a day of thanksgiving!

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

I am grateful for the many wonderful friends I have met on HubPages and things I have learned from them. My family is a given - I am learning to appreciate them more and more as  time goes by.

3. SAQIB6608 profile image68
    SAQIB6608posted 9 years ago

AlhamdoLillah !!
    (God Be Praised)
    I am thankful to God Almighty, my parents, my brothers & sisters, my fiancée, colleagues at work, hubpages community , great b"fast,lunch & dinner, for the peaceful sleep, wonderful games at afternoon, colorful TV shows and what not.
    I have been Blessed, one should always eye for +ives in life. Being optimistic really helps. I guess if one remains satisfied, good things are more likely to happen,

A joyous positive attitude is like a healing balm! It's a magnet that attracts other positive forces! That's a wonderful outlook to take ... those of us who realize the goodness of God should never feel ashamed to let others know! It's not up for debate ... argument ... or dispute! It's a wonderful life and when we are glad just for the dawning of a new day ... the fresh air we are able to breathe ... a welcoming smile from a stranger ... then we know that we are truly blessed!

4. Arco Hess Designs profile image61
    Arco Hess Designsposted 9 years ago

I am thankful for my family, my home, and that I am still alive.

5. Shades-of-truth profile image83
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

I am grateful to see the attitude of gratitude, here!

To list what I am grateful for would take pages, not just a forum post. God has blessed me - and mine - consistently and abundantly.

One of my sons is married to a wonderful gal from the Philippines. Her family did not have toilet tissue, or often know where there next meal would come from, or if there would BE one.

A lot of us in the United States should be grateful for toilet tissue, and toothpaste, and air conditioning, and a vehicle, and food, and a roof over our heads.

I am grateful for all of the above, and then some!

Amen! The little things that we take for granted is yes ... a blessing! We may complain if one of our family members forget to replenish the toilet paper roll ... but never think of "what if there was NO way of having it! I am truly grateful to you for sharing this overlooked insight!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)