jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Tax Information Interview

1. Zoraya Nash profile image60
    Zoraya Nashposted 2 years ago

I have signed for Amazon associates, and did everythink from step 1 till the last step as here of the site. But amazom associates asks to finish Tax Information Interview. I don't know what to write there. Help me please!

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I just checked my seller's account there and when I checked in on the tax interview link, I reviewed what I submitted years ago.  Most of what is there reflects on your seller's name and/or business name, address, legal entity, etc.  Most of it, if I recall correctly, is just fill in the blanks with the requested information.

Zoraya Nashposted 2 years ago in reply to this

thankx. Should I provide only true information?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Why are you joining Amazon Associates?   Be patient and wait until you can join the HP Earnings Program, then you can join the HubPages Amazon program and you don't need a separate Amazon account.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

That is it Dale, read and fill in the blanks.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Zoraya: Yes you must be truthful. 

Why wait for Adsense if somebody wants to try to get Amazon sales.  I have both, the HP Amazon ID and my own which I am using here and elsewhere.

Zoraya Nashposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you))

2. Marisa Wright profile image92

IF you have other places to use an Amazon account, then certainly it is worth joining.  However, if you don't have other places to use it, it's a waste of time for most Hubbers - especially if they are not American, like Zoraya.

Overseas members can't get paid until they earn $100 - which they won't do in their first month.   So then they're stuck with using their own Amazon account until they reach threshold, and missing out on the higher commissions paid by the HubPages Amazon program.

And then at some point, when they finally reach payout, they'll have to go back and edit every Amazon capsule to put the HubPages Amazon code in there.

Not to mention that the $100 cheque from Amazon is in US dollars so they'll only get about $80 of it after bank charges.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61

In that case Marissa, you are probably correct.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92

The other point, which I almost forgot, is that there is a new probationary thing on Amazon. 

If you join Amazon and don't make a sale within 90 days, you lose your account. 

So it's a really bad idea for a brand new Hubber to join Amazon because as you know, it generally takes a while for Hubs to get decent traffic - and without decent traffic, there's a good chance you won't make a sale.

working