jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Is there a minimum hubscore for Adsense to pay on, and if so, what it?

1. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 2 years ago

My views tripled from a couple of days ago, but I got paid less money. Does the hubscore have something to do with this, or is it something else. I did notice that the ones that were being viewed were below 70.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Earnings have nothing to do with Hubscore, they have to do with advertisers and visitors; what advertisers will pay and whether visitors buys stuff, etc.

Certain subject matter pays more because advertisers for those subjects pay more.

Becky Katzposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your answer. I was just trying to figure out why I had more views and made less money.

1. NateB11 profile image93
          NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've wondered about that too, in the past. I've done a little research on it and found that, evidently, when traffic rises CPM lowers. CPM is what you get paid per 1000 views. This is why some people build websites not to get a lot of traffic but to get what they call "quality" traffic: Traffic that converts to sales and higher CPMs.

2. PegCole17 profile image91
      PegCole17posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Becky, It's good to see you here. Earnings for me have taken a nose dive, but then, so have traffic views. I keep hoping that things will improve in the way of visitors to the site. Glad to hear your views have tripled. That is encouraging. The scores continue to be baffling.

Hi Peg, my earnings and views have taken a nose dive also, but I had a little bit of a surge yesterday, and was wondering why I was making less money on it than when I had less views. I thought I remembered someone saying a long time ago that you made less when the hub score was low. I tried to figure it out and this was all I could find.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

HubScores have nothing to do with AdSense, and in fact, HubScores don't mean anything outside of HubPages.  You might like to read the FAQ entry on earnings,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties

Thank you Relache, I found that last night, but was trying to figure out why I made less money when I had more views. That was the only thing I could think of.

working