jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

KNOWN ISSUE: HubPages sharing buttons intermittent issues

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image80
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago

I have heard others talk about how they are still having trouble with the share button for HibPages so I know I am not the only one. It just takes a dozen or more clicks and I occasionally give up trying and wonder how often others do too.
    Will they never get this fixed?

1. ChristinS profile image92
      ChristinSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I noticed this too and just gave up after a few tries.  Hopefully it's just a bug that gets fixed soon.

Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It has been so long now I have little hope it will fix itself. Was hoping HP could do something with it affecting so many.

2. Elsie Hagley profile image81
      Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have a iMac desktop computer, have no trouble sharing hubs on HubPages, a new window opens up  when I click the button, asks me if i want to share, I click yes. Then it say's it's shared and I close the window.

I have the window come up too but must click multiple times although just ever so rarely it will share on the first click!

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have the same problem - I have a MacBook Air (fairly recent model, updated to the latest OS), and it takes forever for shares to load.  I have the trouble on multiple browsers. Others have reported this, too.

Jackie - after realizing the system was slow, I don't click multiple times (although I sorely want to) - it eventually kicks in and shares.  I have been worried it would share more than once, because I've also seen that happen with other people.

I have never seen a double share but I will try just the one click although I probably will be more tempted to just move on.

3. peachpurple profile image76
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

yeah, it keeps hanging there, I had to press share 3 times to get the message across

Gosh I have pressed twenty or more times. Mine is really stuck!

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago

I updated the bug we have open for this the other day.  I'll try and get this to the top of the bug queue.

Thank you!

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Paul - I'm sure the slow load discourages people from sharing, so it would be great to have it fixed!

3. ladyguitarpicker profile image83
    ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years ago

It does not work for me.

Hopefully this will get attention so they fix it. I use two computers and it is the same on both.

working