jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

How to Raise the score of this Hub

1. seraphic profile image79
    seraphicposted 2 years ago

Hello,

What do I need to improve on this Hub in order to increase the score?

http://seraphic.hubpages.com/hub/rhodochrosite

In advance, thank-you for constructive criticism.

1. Robie Benve profile image98
      Robie Benveposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi seraphic, it looks like a great hub to me! smile The hub score changes with time, it usually starts low at publishing and eventually grow, don't worry too much about it.
      To attract more readers I would consider a few things.
      - Make you title more specific, more informative about what info is included, possibly using high search terms.
      - Same with your subtitles, try to explain in a few words what the paragraph says. (for example: "Deposits" is very generic, maybe something like Rhodochrosite Deposits Around the World?)
      - Make your photo(s) something that people would like to pin, maybe adding text to them. Amazing the amount of traffic some hubs can get from Pinterest.
      Great hub, keep up with the good job!

2. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Take out the deceptive medical claims.  Google does not look kindly on statements about how wearing certain gemstones will effect how your kidneys actually function.  They consider such content fraudulent.

2. profile image57
    leemasenposted 2 years ago

Write article which is unique and mostly your passionate work and attract large number of audience and use phrases which is on trend.

3. Arrowconcepts profile image59
    Arrowconceptsposted 2 years ago

Hi Buddy,

Do post some unique content and give a attractive Call to action for your Blog content ,Surely there will be more number of visitors and you can increase your Hub Score as well.

4. seraphic profile image79

When you make medical statements that are factually true,how do you cite source it in your Hub?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 2 years agoin reply to this

As an RN, you can cite your own research, if you have any.  Use APA citation style preferred by HubPages and cite specific, peer-reviewed medical and research books and articles that are "scholarly articles." These articles are found in professional journals online and in health profession libraries and research libraries at universities and hospitals. The writers usually have advanced college degrees and are licensed as doctors, nurses, dentists, chiropractors, physical and occupational therapists, etc. Once in a while, an acupuncturist joins a group of licensed professionals in an article.

Examples: Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), the website of the US National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, and the website of the Mayo Clinic.

Many magazines, websites, and leaflets are not credible sources for medical information, especially from writers without recognized health related licenses. Check with the Alternative Medicine facility listed above, if you are unsure.

1. seraphic profile image79
        seraphicposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Excellent! I did not know that I could use APA sourcing, very familiar with it as I have to compile items annually.

In each capsule should I source, or just source at the end in an individual capsule?

I have loads of corrections to add then for each of my Hubs.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I usually source at the very end, after all my text capsules, unless I decide it is important for readers to see sources for each capsule - like, for each of different aspects of a topic.

2. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 2 years agoin reply to this

If you are making medical statements that are factually true, then you cite the actual medical research supporting your statements.  For instance, if you want to say that a gemstone effects your kidney function, then you will want to reference the medical study which examined this theory and whose verified-participant data proves it really works that way. 

Discussing folk uses or historical customs is NOT the same as making a medical statement.  Dubious claims of genuine medical effect fall under "fraud" which can be legally worse than being viewed as spam.

On eBay, if you were selling semi-precious stones and claiming they had medical uses and effects, they would shut down your auctions for those sorts of statements because the actual use and effects cannot be verified.

5. seraphic profile image79

Thank you all for your advice, it will be used!

I only write about what interests me and that I have experienced through exploration and research. My hobbies are Rock Hounding, Nutrition and helping others.

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 2 years ago

I'll have a look at your Hubs in the future. Much success to you.

7. Hicks Days profile image61
    Hicks Daysposted 2 years ago

hey, all of the suggestions are surely have some points, actually they're good. just grab a bite o'them looking forward to your success.

1. Arrowconcepts profile image59
      Arrowconceptsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

@Hicks Days Sure..

working