Table of Contents and Using the Back Button

1. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 2 years ago

Using the "ID=" tag/attribute is a useful workaround for adding a table of contents to a hub. However after clicking on an entry in the TOC, jumping to the new section and then hitting the back button, the viewpoint returns to the start of the hub.
    Is there any way of jumping back to the TOC (other than putting it at the top of a hub, which doesn't look great before an intro) ?

1. SheilaMilne profile image91
      SheilaMilneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I used BritfFlorida's method of inserting a Table of Contents.  It's simple enough, if a bit laborious, so I've used it in only two or three hubs so far.
      http://britflorida.hubpages.com/hub/cre … structions
      The method does seem to go back to the right place when using the back button.  I'm using Chrome, if that's an issue.

1. eugbug profile image95
        eugbugposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Sheila.
        That's more or less what I am doing except that instead of adding the raw HTML code for the TOC to a text module, I'm highlighting text, turning it into a link and adding the "mod" bit to the end of the link.
        I did some more testing and the method does send the view back to the right place on my notebook. The only issue seems to be with my Lumia 520 Windows smartphone.

working