jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is there an easy way to create a table of contents for a hub?

1. KrisL profile image85
    KrisLposted 5 years ago

Is there an easy way to create a table of contents for a hub?

I like the tables of contents on some of your hubs -- can you tell me how to do it?

2. srk4you profile image60
    srk4youposted 5 years ago

Hi Kris, you have to get the capsules' address from the HTML source of the hub you have created.

I have the table of contents for my Flight Simulator hub. Give your capsules a title. Then after you have finished writing your hub, come out of the hub tool (don't publish yet). Now right click anywhere on the page and click on "View source". Now find the name of the capsule by typing CTRL + F. You should see these codes before the name of that module:

You only need that mod_XXX part. Create a text capsule for table of contents  and add the anchor texts of the capsules. Now the link to that capsule should be krisl.hubpages.com/hub/yourhubaddress#mod_12345678

You need to add #mod_XXXXXXXX and that's it!

1. KrisL profile image85
      KrisLposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I'll try to figure this out!

2. SidKemp profile image95
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is good, with two notes. Just recently, HubPages changed the HTML, so the "mod_" codes is now a "txtd_" code. Also, if you do publish your hub first, then add the Table of Contents and republish, you can test the links.

3. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Hi Kris! Thanks for asking. My inner geek got excited about this question, and decided to write up instructions that would make it easy for anyone - even for someone with a beautiful poetic mind, like yours. And thanks to Darkside for teaching us all how to do it four years ago, and to srk4you for a quick summary of the technique.

Please check out my latest hub, "Create a Table of Contents for Your Hub - Quick and Easy."

1. KrisL profile image85
      KrisLposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!!

working