jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Double Coffee Morning

1. CelebrateUSA profile image84
    CelebrateUSAposted 2 years ago

For me, with the arrival of spring and pulling weeds and preparing the garden, my body and surprisingly my back even feels good but it is a double coffee morning for me.

What makes a morning more challenging for you? For me is it usually lack of sunshine but this morning it is my muscles saying hello and my mind not wishing to talk to my muscles.

How do you handle a difficult morning - two cups of coffee?

1. Robie Benve profile image93
      Robie Benveposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I am not a morning person! All mornings feel like double coffee to me. smile Speaking of which, let be go brew one, and I'll take my vitamin D supplement too, just to make sure. Of course that should be taken with food, so I'll need a snack.
      Hey, thanks for asking the question, the day just got better: now I have a plan and soon a satisfying second breakfast!

2. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

A modified version of "bulletproof coffee" that gives me lasting energy for the day and exercise/motion - If I move early in the day; it's easier for me to stay energetic and enthusiastic.  I take vitamin D3 supplements to help deal with a lack of sunlight through the winter/spring and it helps a lot. 

I don't have a lot of difficult mornings, but mostly that's because I've accepted the fact that I do my best thinking/creating sometimes from late morning forward.  I get up early and get the mindless stuff done for the day - exercise, clean house, tend garden whatever the chores may be.  That gives me a sense of accomplishment so that when I sit down to do my actual work I go into it already feeling energized. 

For sore muscles after heavy work, I highly recommend soaking for 15 to 20 minutes in empsom salts or take a magnesium supplement before bed that day to help relax your sore muscles.  Works well to take the edge off soreness so you don't feel it so much the next day.

CelebrateUSAposted 2 years ago in reply to this

ChristinS,
      Smart lady to take care of the body's needs wit your D3.

Oh, warm water - fantastic tip.

Thank you!

3. LadyGlenora profile image75
    LadyGlenoraposted 2 years ago

For me its a cup of coffee in the morning usually helps me wake up for the day.  Then I walk my dogs if the weather is nice.  I do not have much difficulty getting up in the morning however if I had to wake up earlier than usual then I would struggle getting up.

LadyGlenora,
      Usually, all I need is one cup. I have in the last 5 years cut down on my coffee consumption but grey mornings are difficult for me to get moving. I don't go back to bed but my mind is just in a fog with the weather and the second cup seems to give me that kick.

4. mdgardner profile image89
    mdgardnerposted 2 years ago

Everyday is a double coffee morning. One before work and one after I get there.

Mdgardner,
      It IS your morning routine! Very cool!

That would be my preference, but I am doing my very best to cut down.

Successful most mornings but not overcast mornings in the spring.

Spring sunshine is such a delight here in the Midwest!

5. Thelma Alberts profile image83
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

For me, it is my two mugs of creamy English teas to start my day and to wake me up.

Oh, you are akin to me - love tea with my cream!

6. Lady Lorelei profile image78
    Lady Loreleiposted 2 years ago

Every morning is a double coffee morning for me wink

Aha! smile

7. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Double coffee? Screw that. Make mine a triple!

FatFreddysCat,
      Very well stated!
      And what a fun moniker!

working