I've been tinkering around on Reddit again after setting it aside for a couple years. I happened to notice an advertisement for Redditors to post their cooking videos on the sub-reddit "cooking videos". There are terms:
"Avoid spamming. If posting your own content, reply to other people's posts or post other people's content once in a while. Reddit's self-promotion guidelines say that around 10% of what you submit can be your content. The remaining 90% should belong to other people. This subreddit is not free advertisement.
"Only link to Youtube Or Vimeo videos. No other website are allowed to submit.
You may request a recipe through self-post, but you should include [Request] tag in it.
"Your title should be well formatted so that it gives an idea to the readers about what recipe it is. eg, Chicken Butter Masala Recipe, or, How to make Chicken Butter Masala [Recipe] No meme posts. All meme posts will be removed as spam."
I don't cook much but I'm aware that many of my fellow Hubbers have made YouTube videos for their cooking hubs.
Reddit might be a good place to share those hubs if it's done according to the terms.
Let us know how it works out for you if you give a try!
by Jean Bakula 7 years ago
This site has been suggested as a way to get traffic. I spent a few hours, which turned into 3 days, to figure out how to navigate it. It appears to be a site about links, not really content, but they get angry if you post links? What am I missing? I had to go on under 3 names, but I tried to leave...
by Bridgett Tulloh 6 years ago
Can you legally post other people's youtube videos in your articles?What are the ethics or licensing requirements for posting youtue video links in your articles? I know how it works with photos/images online, but what about videos you find? Thanks!
by EarlTart 5 years ago
Are there many ways to get people to view my hubs?I did try sharing on Facebook and twitter, but I'm not very popular... I was wondering of ways to get noticed? I guess if nobody knows I exist then nobody will read my hubs, so just looking for tips of how to be noticed
by Robert Burroughs 6 years ago
Does anyone know a better site than reddit?Someone Suggested Reddit but I keep getting error messages. Does anybody know a better site to post content?
by Helen Murphy Howell 7 years ago
Over-Whelmed With What You Don't Know?Any other dumbo hubbers out there like me, who feel over-whelmed at times about the amount of things you need to know if you want to make some cash? SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Content, Keywords etc., etc., To me the list seems endless!
by Simon Cook 6 years ago
While I am not having problems with Youtube (both videos work for me on IE9) I've had two readers report problems with the videos on my hub:http://simeyc.hubpages.com/hub/Biography-of-Green-Day
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|