jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

From Editors Choice to Not Featured Quality

1. DaisyChain profile image87
    DaisyChainposted 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me why this hub has gone from 'Editor's Choice' to 'not featured - quality'? It ticks all the boxes: http://daisychain.hubpages.com/hub/gizzards
    Many thanks for any enlightenment.

1. colorfulone profile image84
      colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

In the Learning Center I found this info. http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Featured-Hubs

HubPages blog: "Update to the Quality Assessment Process: Improving the quality of ALL Hubs!"  http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/05/

ADDED: Sometimes quality hubs are unfeatured due to traffic. Was this hub getting search engine traffic?

1. DaisyChain profile image87
        DaisyChainposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi, colorfulone, it was getting a lot of traffic for my hubs - one of the best performers so it can't be that otherwise all my hubs would be unfeatured. Pleased to find you here in the Squidoo afterlife and thanks for leaving a message.

1. colorfulone profile image84
          colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Did getting rid of the knife ad do the trick, Barbara?
          Good to meet up with you here. smile

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's another case of one hand does not know what the other is doing at HP.  If an editor deemed it worthy of the EC designation, and a QAP rater deemed it low quality, I think you should contact HP.  That's pretty ridiculous.

3. Camille Harris profile image
      Camille Harrisposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi DaisyChain,

Sorry for the confusing and possibly frustrating experience.

Regarding your Hub's Editor's Choice status, we have increased the review rate of Editor's Choice Hubs, which may mean that some Hubs will lose their EC designation. Please visit this post for more information.

We sent you an email from the team inbox a few minutes ago with additional details. Hope this helps! Feel free to respond to that email if you have more questions/concerns.

1. janshares profile image98
        jansharesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

This is new news to me, didn't realize. Although I'm opted out of EC, I'm curious and need to clarify. You said some EC designations have been lost because the rating criteria has increased which means some will lose the honor? But I also read the link you posted which stated that when this new criteria was implemented, some hubbers lost their designations by mistake. So is it both? Was this change in response to the uproar several weeks ago about the unfairness of EC designations in 'Related Hubs?' Thanks.

1. relache profile image90
          relacheposted 2 years agoin reply to this

EC Hub designations were reworked way before this latest uproar.

2. DaisyChain profile image87
    DaisyChainposted 2 years ago

Thank you all for your advice. Yes, frustrating to have to play the 'what's up' guessing game but it seemed to be the ads that were causing the problem. Difficult to know, once the yellow warning notice has gone, how many ads and what sort of ads are acceptable. Anyone who has ever prepared gizzards will know that a very sharp knife is essential - knife ad gone.

I very much appreciate the prompt feedback and the emails.

3. Dressage Husband profile image78
    Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago

It seems to me like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing! Id it did then the whole site would perform better.

Google seem to have rattled the owners so much that they run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Which is probably not an acceptable comment anymore, but you get my drift?

working