jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

How do I find a member here? Are there lists?

1. MarieLB profile image84
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

I am trying to contact a HP member who has corresponded with me on another site. 

She gave me her name and said that she too writes on HP. When I tried to respond to her email - via the other site - it could not be delivered.

I used the search function here with her name, but that did not work for me.

Is there a place with members' names one can search in?   

Thanks

1. eugbug profile image99
      eugbugposted 2 years ago

Author's names are listed in the directory here: http://hubpages.com/directory . Names listed are user names rather than real names. You can send an e-mail to a user from their profile (if they have made their email address public). The link is on their profile page.

MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks eugbug.  I did as you suggested and I did not find her name there.  This may be because she has cancelled her account here, although she said that she still has articles being published here. 

I am following some other leads too, that were suggested by someone else here, and I feel pretty confident that they are valid leads!

In any case, your reply taught me something else about our site, so thanks heaps.

2. Sue Adams profile image95
      Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago

Have you tried Googling "her name plus HubPages"?

Great idea Sue Adams, thanks.

Did as you advised.  It came up straight away.  It says she HAD an account here, but she had closed it. 

Cheers!

3. Sue Adams profile image95
      Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago

She may have accounts on Facebook and/or Google Plus or a YouTube channel, or even her own website where you may be able to  contact her.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image76
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

If you want to give it out - what name did she give you MarieLB?

It is Lori Green623, and it seems she was a writer here but [she said] she has closed her account.

The reason I wanted to contact her is because she replied to my question on Adsense Forum , and I think she got it all wrong about me.  I feel I need to explain that I am not cheating Google as she seems to think.  In fact it is the other way round.

Gracey [from the forum] has been very patient, trying to work out what is going wrong, and I have written extensively to give Gracey the details.

Maybe Lori Green623 only read a portion and got the wrong impression.

I may be too sensitive and shouldn't let it worry me . . . .

I did find reference to her on the net, but I have not gone further.

Thank you for the interest The Examiner-1

1. The Examiner-1 profile image76
          The Examiner-1posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Try Lori-Ann Green on LinkedIn or @lorz623 on Twitter.

Hi The Examiner-1, thanks for the info.  I am strongly inclined to think that both of those links are correct.  I saw her pic on Linkedin and somehow it seems to fit in with her style of writing.  I have sent her a polite note on twitter. 

i shall let you know what transpires.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image76
              The Examiner-1posted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome Marie. I hope that it works out for you.

5. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

It is not worth cyber-stalking someone over a comment made on a forum.  Though she falsely accused you of a rule violation, she cannot get you in trouble if you are innocent.  Ignore her.  Stalking someone tends to make that person even more of an adversary.

You are quite right calculus-geometry, and I would have to be very silly to go stalking someone!  My first question was because she did say in her response that she writes for HP.  Then I found out that she had closed her account, and later still that she had transferred her Squidoo articles here, and left them behind.

The lead to the twitter name seemed right, and I sent her a short polite note asking her to allow me to contact her and where. 

If she does not respond, then so be it, as you say. 

I am not worried about trouble; there is no way that can happen, but I guess, my pride was hurt and I wanted her to know that I was not cheating Google or anyone!

Thanks for the warning.

working