The New Crop of HubNuggets is Here!!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

It's time once again to vote for your favourite HubNugget Wannabes!!

Hop on over to A New Crop of HubNuggets Has Sprung Up!

2. Dottie1 profile image62
    Dottie1posted 15 years ago

I was just over at the hubnuggets checking on the crops!  Lots happening over there, I'm really glad I paid a visit!  Oh Shirley, I gave them some water, they looked a bit thirsty! BTW, you're looking good there girl!

Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We're glad that you did too, Dottie!  You're right, lots shakin' this week!

2. Shirley Anderson profile image70

Dottie, I forgot to thank you for watering the hubnuggets!  Thank-you for watering the HubNuggets, Dottie. 

You like my new pic?  I'm glad.  It's about the only pic of me that I half like.

1. ripplemaker profile image76
        ripplemakerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hahahaha You are so cute both of you.  And Dottie is right Shirley, love your new avatar.  I see you are watching the window...hmmm watching over the new crops of hubnuggets ey? I'm going there now Shirley.

And Angel Dottie, thanks for watering the hubnuggets.  You are so thoughtful.  And how are you sis?  Hope all is well with you.

IN THE MEANTIME...Calling all hubbers!!!
        http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x141/Blueroc85/iroc1.gif

Hey guys, want to ride on my hubmobile and go hubhopping?  I heard a new crop of hubnuggets has sprung up!

2. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
        B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think this pic is a keeper, Shirley! Best one yet! Very classy!

3. R. Blue profile image61
        R. Blueposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You can get C.C to do a painting of you....and I was wondering how I got wet!!!  Thank goodness you weren't using that cow fertilizer.

Oh my, no!  We use nice, gentle lamb fertilizer.  Shouldn't burn you at all.  smile

3. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

What is a Hubnugget, I feel I am missing out on something.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image60

Psst. Badcompany99, look up. Click that link in the first post, then read and cast your vote!

4. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

Thanks .

Aye!

5. ripplemaker profile image76
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

Hey BT!  Glad to have you on the Hubnuggets Team!  big_smile

When I got the word, you could've knocked me over with a feather. I'm thrilled to be here, Michelle! Thanks!

6. ripplemaker profile image76

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g281/blueidrose/smileys/team.gif

The Hubnugget Team:

ProCW
    Shirley Anderson
    B.T. EvilPants
    Patty Inglish, MS
    Ripplemaker

With the loving support of:
    Funride-who is on leave right now due to work obligations. 
    And of course, our awesome Ryan Hupfer who is recuperating from a mishap.  Get well soon Ryan. 

is doing this special acrobatic act.  That's B.T. Evilpants going on top of the pyramid chain (careful B.T.!!) just to capture your attention and get you to vote for our fresh batch of hubnuggets. 

What are you waiting for everyone?
    Go vote...please.

Here is the link:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Writing-hubs-HubNuggets

7. Shirley Anderson profile image70

Hey, Michelle, I didn't know that B.T. was so athletic!

Go, jackalope!

8. Dottie1 profile image62
    Dottie1posted 15 years ago

My vote is in.  If I had know about the hubmobile ripplemaker, I would have hitched a ride!  Maybe catch you next time!

9. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years ago

How long do you have to be here to get one of those hubmobiles? My haunches are KILLING me from hopping around hubpages!

10. ripplemaker profile image76

Hi Shirley, I didn't know this jackalope was! lol  lol 

B.T., maybe when Ryan is better, you can ask him.  Hehe In the meantime, hop on board and we can pick Dottie up. smile wink

Hey Angel Dottie, will buzz you next time around okay? I would love to have you go hubhopping with me big_smile cool

11. ripplemaker profile image76

Happy Easter to the Hubnugget Team and all the wonderful people who support Hubnuggets! 

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/hersheysmileys/icons/Easter.gif

1. JamaGenee profile image78
      JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hope everyone's Easter was happy! Just dropped in to say I just voted for this week's best HubNugget!

Awesome! Every vote counts, you know. Hope your Easter was good too!

12. Shirley Anderson profile image70

We're up to 69 votes at 7:00 a.m. EST, April 13th.

Help us hit 100, folks!

VOTE HERE

13. Florida Keys profile image67
    Florida Keysposted 15 years ago

I'm not really sure how I got nominated...but thank you all.  It's an honor for a newbie like myself to be considered worthy.  I believe in writing about the things I'm passionate about...those hubs are easy.  And In case you've not read my hub about roasting your own coffee.....it's high octane stuff.....matter of fact I'm buzzing on a cup right now....I could go on and on and on and on......oops. Anyway....thanks again!

Florida Keys, I remember your hub and you got nominated because:
      - you wrote well
      - you wrote evergreen content
      - you dressed the hub up with pictures in an attractive layout
      - you had enough content (length was good)
      - you wrote well (just in case you didn't notice it up top)

Hope this clears up the mystery for you!  Good luck with it.
      smile

14. GeneriqueMedia profile image62
    GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years ago

Just voted...good stuff!

Any Hubber that doesn't do this is only losing out!

These guys here pick through bunches of articles to find you ones they think are really good, and they're quite often right on target.

GLM

Thanks, Generique.  Bunches is right, over 1,000.  It's a great way to discover new writers and hubs, though.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image62
        GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I realize that. smile You've set us a good example here..I'm now spending most of my day around this place and reading through Hubs.

G|M

Oh-oh, you're starting to develop symptoms of Hubaholism.  I'm sorry to tell you this, but there is no cure.  Take comfort in the fact that you're not alone - we are a community of Hubaholics.

Welcome to the club.

There may not be a cure, but there are some treatment options, and a support group! http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubbers-Anonymous

*walks into a large hall with trepidation, shaking and with dark wrinkles under his eyes.*

Hello everyone, I'm G|M and I've got a problem....I'm a hubaholic. wink

Be sure to check the link. Thanks, you two.

Sincerely,

G|M

Now, don't you feel better?  Admitting you have a problem is half the battle.  smile

Ahh, I feel so relieved. When do I get my first chip? wink

Oh my, this reminds me of this movie called But I'm a Cheerleader. Highly recommend it.

And now that I have ran out of things to say...I shall disappear back into the space-time fold and re-emerge in another activity. wink

G|M

Here ya go!  Didn't know if you like plain or rippled, so I figured sticking with the plain was the best option, especially for the first one.  smile

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/s/s/sh/shutdown/13667_crispy.jpg

15. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

"Snuggie Sightings" is so sociological... so appropro...so Hub Pages smile

I agree, Patty!

I must be out of touch though, as I had no idea that they were so socially desirable until I read the hub!

16. Shirley Anderson profile image70

*Ahem*

Sorry, just had to clear my throat so that I could announce the winners of this week's HubNuggets contest.

...and the winners are....

HubNugget 1: Snuggie Sightings (28%)
    HubNugget 2: Filling out a dating profile (18%)
    HubNugget 3: Maintain Your Sanity (14%)
    HubNugget 4: The Perfect Cup of Coffee - when you have the time. (12%)
    HubNugget 5: Wanna see the beauty of Veggie Flowers? (8%)

Let's give our winners a round of applause!
    http://www.sxc.hu/pic/s/w/wo/woodsy/762755_the_devil_finds_____.jpg

Woohoo!  Congratulations to all 5 of our top HubNuggeters!

Okay, all you newbie Hubbers.  Get your best writing, prettiest layout and pictures together and build yourself a great hub.  We'd love to see as many of you in the HubNuggets as possible.

We can only choose 10 a week but every week we get to choose 10 more.  So build it and the HubNuggets team will come and find you!

Good luck to everyone in the new contest!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)