Could This Be The End For The HubNugget Team?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (50 posts)
  1. B.T. Evilpants profile image62
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years ago

We put it all on the line this week, and things aren't looking good for the HNS Hubbertise and crew. Please do your part and read, vote and promote!

http://hubpages.com/t/137d6d

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Will try.....to read.....and vote....before....HUB....shuts..us..down....completely.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, I just read the first paragraph of the hub, and I don't understand.  HUB900 and stuff?

You lost me.  That happens alot.  The introduction hub, to the weekly hubnuggets is so bizarre that well......., you lose me.  That is why I don't participate.  Sorry.

1. barryrutherford profile image76
        barryrutherfordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you just see that pinch of salt.  take it iike that !

2. RedElf profile image88
        RedElfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, even if you don't get what we're on about, just read the newcomers hubs, and vote for the ones you like the best - simple wink

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One doesn't need to read the running story to be able to read the nominees' Hubs and vote for one favorite in each of three categories. Or to read just 6 Hubs in one category and choose one - some people do that.  Some don't want to read any; that's fine.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
          IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok. 

But okay.

I just thought I'd share with you a possible reason as to where some of your participation trouble might be coming from.

Aren't you hurting for participation numbers?  You know hubs are like anything else, you've got 3 seconds to impress or fail.  The introduction hub is your alls "advertising" opportunity, like the cover is on a magazine.  3 secs.

Well....., I took my 3 secs and I'm out.  Too many times, too many glances, not participating.  Maybe other hubbers are more like me than you realize.  If no one is participating, especially new people or people who use too, well then what?  All systems shut down?

Only trying to help Patty.  Asking for peoples participation is one thing, solving the problem and being successful is entirely another. 

I remember a day when this would have been 12 pages deep by now.hmm 
          Go figure.

2. Internetwriter62 profile image72
          Internetwriter62posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's what I did I just voted.

4. Will Say Plenty profile image61
        Will Say Plentyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I have to agree.  I don't get it either.

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

don't cry for us hubpages...we knew what we were signing up for...we knew of all the dangers that could lurk inside that red button...must open that damn window...space or no space...I need air...

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I have voted smile Don't leave us HubNugget Team big_smile

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

Is it getting stuffy in here, or is the heat turned up too high?

5. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Not the airlock, HAL - er, I mean HUB!

It's up to you now, Sci-PI! Our fate is in your hands ...well, next week, anyway.

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Okay, okay, I'm reading and voting.

Seriously that was one great piece of writing, B.T.

7. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

OMG!!! Okay...I'm reading, I'm reading. And voting! Forgive me, oh HubGods...I know I've been lazy!! We NEED our HubNuggets!

8. myownworld profile image71
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

ok. Me too....Please don't give up on us team... not yet! smile

9. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

I declare suspended animation and saving of krew katras until next Friday! So it be said, so it be written, so it be done...we...hope... getting...stuffier...

Only your VOTES can save us, folks!!

<radio soap opera music...>

10. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

hehehehe, of course I will go and vote! big_smile

11. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I voted.  smile

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are some good ones! smile

12. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Suspended animation sounds good to me...fading fast...already voted...good hubs...meow...

13. money-man profile image76
    money-manposted 14 years ago

Nice work, HubNugget Team! I'm looking forward to next week's saga.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87

I am uping my intake of vitamins in order to prepare for it. Also looking into the oxygen tablet someone invented a couple years ago. Each pill carries 15-minutes worth of O to the bloodstream...

We could use it right about now...

1. money-man profile image76
        money-manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Take 8 of them... just in case! smile

Thank...you...so much. I needed that .

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
        Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We need to work on these oxygen pills, so that they last longer. Like cold tablets that are good for 12 hours. Each individual airbubble has to be coated so that the coating dissolves at different times. I'll be in the lab if you need me...

14. profile image0
    Imelledaposted 14 years ago

Am looking forward to the rematch: Sci-PI vs. the HAL9000 - oops, sorry -the HUB 9000! Ye Gods! Even scarier!

Yes, yes, mixing the new ZB O pills with vitamins now
      must...get...ready...

15. profile image0
    renoelleposted 14 years ago

I'm off to read and vote!

16. B.T. Evilpants profile image62

Thanks for coming by and voting, everyone! Make sure to send all your friends to do the same, and stay tuned. I can't wait to see how Patty saves us from the black hole!

IF indeed  i save you.....I might turn Mirror Universe on you.

17. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

i got my votes in

18. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Sorry I'm late...my body ached so and just had to rest.... sad On my way smile

Aoch! - A double portion of ZB O for you, lass!

19. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

voted! And I appreciate your efforts!

Efforts becoming more and more difficult...but... we... appreciate your votes! -- HubNugget Hank just suggested, though locked lips, that we push Oxygen tablets up the nose and directly into the lungs. He's not passing his science exam protocals, I can tell ye all that, buckos!

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Up the nose????? huh????? lolololo That would be painful! lolololo big_smile

20. HubChief profile image67
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

i voted also.
    have been lazy lately to hub login...

No matter what I do, cannot get traffic increase

21. Missi Darnell profile image61
    Missi Darnellposted 14 years ago

I hope you don't axe the Hubnugget I think it is great publicity for new hubbers. I was nominated and it inspired me to keep going. I think, from a newbs perspective, that the issue is that it is difficult to find the article and link to the new hubnugget nominations.

22. ajcor profile image60
    ajcorposted 14 years ago

I voted - cannot imagine hubpages without hubmobs!! even if I have been away for a while and was unaware of this potential loss...

23. Deborah Demander profile image86
    Deborah Demanderposted 14 years ago

Greetings nuggets team, and thank you for all your hard work. I must say that as a new hubber, I am mentally challenged enough just to get my hubs written and published. Venturing out into the incredibly complex and vast world of hubpages is whelming. Not necessarily overwhelming, but definitely whelming. I only discovered hubnuggets when someone alerted me that my hub had been nominated. Granted, not all newbies are as challenged as I, however, finding your way around takes some navigating, and lots of time, which I don't have. I have looked at your previous hubnuggets, and they are well done. Please don't die on us now. I'm just getting started. I voted, and I will keep better track of the goings on here.

24. udtek1 profile image60
    udtek1posted 14 years ago

Thank you very much. It's useful to me.

25. Missi Darnell profile image61
    Missi Darnellposted 14 years ago

I did follow your thread and voted, wow some great hubs from new hubbers.

26. hypnodude profile image60
    hypnodudeposted 14 years ago

HubNuggets can't stop working. It's the most important feature for newbies, and it has been an immense boost for me and many others. If you want my humble opinion many hubbers are just being burned out from having simply too many hubs to read. We are mostly writers, but in this period there has been challenges, contests, the hubmob..... Simply too much stuff to read, and when one thing ends another one starts. While I can understand it's good for HP traffic I think it's very exhausting for hubbers. This way the best feature of HP, HubNuggets suffers. If you don't have enough time to read imagine if you can have to write. Result? You do neither of them.
    But please, save the HubNuggets.
    P.S. I voted. smile

I get exhausted myself -- Just wish computers would work way faster and read TO me for a change. lol  One good thing about HubNuggets is that it's all about Hubs that are already written. That saves some energy. 

Zsuzsy Bee is working on the oxygen tablets and we have not yet suffocated in space, so there is hope yet for the HubNugget Team  out there in the galazy, searching for Nuggets. Stay tuned this Friday...

27. B.T. Evilpants profile image62

The winners have been chosen!
    Here's who you voted for:

Health (70 total votes)

* Eating In Seasons: Spring Diet Plan (15 votes, 21%)
        * Only Witches Want Warts (12 votes, 17%)
        * Best Ways To Boost The Metabolism: Get Your Metabolism To Burn Hotter Than Hades (12 votes, 17%)

Technology (71 total votes)

* The Nature of Facebook Friendships (24 votes, 34%)
        * Computer Tricks You Need To Know! (17 votes, 24%)
        * Cheap Website Design 101 - Thinking Small Business (14 votes, 20%)

Knowledge & Education (71 total votes)

* TB a disease with no social boundaries (21 votes, 30%)
        * How to Make AdSense Work For You - The Google AdSense Strategy (17 votes, 24%)
        * This is how I joined HubPages. Fictionless and Realistic. (13 votes, 18%)

Congratulations to all of the Wannabes and winners. You guys rock!

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Woohoo!  Congrats, everybody.

Wannabes rock HubPages!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:YWnG-RhyLI-SbM:http://www.ericbana-archives.com/Ecards/Congratulations/Ecard-Congrats-001-Lui.jpg

28. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

congrats to all the winners

29. profile image53
    Midnightchan123posted 14 years ago

you have been rick rolled... dang cant upload music to post on the wii it would be great if you guys would make the site wii internet frendly (i cant upload hubs thanks to sister hogging her laptop) so that would be great for wii internet users

30. Will Say Plenty profile image61
    Will Say Plentyposted 14 years ago

So what's the latest word?  is this the end of the Hub Nugget team?  I don't get on here every day any more.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)