jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

One year ago....

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12603532_f520.jpg
    On August 26 it will be one year since my hubs took a 90% hit.  It happened without warning or explanation, but when the ashes settled, I only had 10% of my former views. 

I went crazy trying to figure out what went wrong.
    I removed 47 articles so that I could create a niche site.
    I revamped every single article.
    I asked everybody for suggestions and took most of them.

As time passed, I realized what happened.  School started.  Summer vacations ended.  Nobody really needed to read very much of what I was writing about.

So, I waited.

Spring eventually came, and views slowly started climbing.

Tomorrow, the number of views I had left after cleaning out my site will have doubled!

I better enjoy my little victory, because school is starting again this week.

1. Au fait profile image95
      Au faitposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There has to be groups on FB and elsewhere who are very into camping and RV-ing.  I recommend that you advertise your exceptional informative articles on that subject to those people.

The above isn't my idea -- wish I could claim it.  I read about it in a hub by Lyoness913 and I think she has some ideas for getting traffic that might actually work.

http://lyoness913.hubpages.com/hub/Grea … of-Traffic

Hope this will help you Sandy.  Your articles are so useful and I know there are lots of people out there who would love to get their hands on them (or eyes if you prefer).  smile

TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Au Fait:  Thanks.  I will read it more thoroughly tomorrow, but after taking a peek, I think there are some great ideas there.  Within the next hour or so I should hit 300,000.  My goal was to make to that point before school started, and I'm happy to say it will now happen.

I truly appreciate all of the support you have given me in recent months. 

PS  I just looked again and 300,00 is already there...and counting!  Yaayyy

2. Niecey Doc profile image82
    Niecey Docposted 2 years ago

Ah, yes that makes sense. You have very seasonal type articles. Some great looking ones though!

Niecey Doc:  Thanks so much.  Shows you how naive I was...I never realized I was writing seasonals!

3. adevwriting profile image77
    adevwritingposted 2 years ago

You have a lot of hubs on RVs. Why don't you change "TIMETRAVELER2" into RVTRAVELLER? big_smile wink

That's a great suggestion, but we are not permitted to change our original IDs on this site.  When I started here I never planned on only writing in this niche, thus the current name.  Had I known I would have done as you suggested!

working