jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (19 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Italy, Lombardy: The Best of Bergamo

1. EUROPE-Trips profile image47
    EUROPE-Tripsposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Italy, Lombardy: The Best of Bergamo (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Constance Owen profile image59
      Constance Owenposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It looks good to me. You should probably have "the Lombard capital" instead of "Lombard capital." Perhaps you could also split up the text so that there is some between the photos. Apart from that I can't think of anything. I am hoping to go to Bergamo on my next visit to Italy and I will bookmark your Hub to help me choose where to go.

EUROPE-Tripsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your thoughts. I will try these suggestions and hope this helps. Write me if you come in Bergamo. I will gladly help you organize your trip and things to see.

1. Constance Owen profile image59

Thank you!

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I can tell the Hub was written by an Italian!  I find the grammar mistakes charming, but the QAP  team probably does not.

I agree that it wod be more useful to have a short capsule of text for each photo explaining more about it.

Thanks for your suggestions Marisa. I know, my English is very bad. I am self-taught. I gladly would write in Italian, but I think it's forbidden.
        I'll try to edit photos and look for errors (although it will be difficult for me) wink

1. Marisa Wright profile image99

Your English is perfectly understandable and good enough for conversation.  However, HubPages is a site for English speakers so they are strict about Hubs being written in fluent English.  You have some very basic mistakes of English in your Hub and I think that is your main problem.

Yes, definitely that's the problem. I will choose a more suitable platform for my basic level of English. Thank you.

I think you could be successful running your own blog focussing on Italy.

I already have one (a blog) since a year. It gives me a lot of satisfaction. But I wanted to be useful even outside the Italian territory. Italian readers are few compared to the English readers and, scoop, Italians are not interested to Italy and to the articles of this kind. In fact in my Italian blog, I write about other topics.

What I meant was, write a travel blog in English.   You do make mistakes in writing English, but on your own blog, I think people would make allowances for the fact that you are not a native speaker.

Okay thanks, I will follow your suggestion ^_^

2. Constance Owen profile image59

I agree with Marisa. There's a lot of touristy information about Italy and a few expat blogs mostly from an American perspective but I've never found an Italian writing in English about Italy. I think that would be great.

3. EUROPE-Trips profile image47

Hub accepted. Thank you for all the help you have given me! A kiss from Italy ^_^

2. Charito1962 profile image89
    Charito1962posted 2 years ago

Hello, Moira. I noticed that all your photos are from one domain – Pinterest. I believe this is what’s preventing your hub from being featured. It’s a spammy element.
    I had this same problem before with one hub that continued to be unfeatured despite all the improvements I made. When I finally removed all the links, the hub was re-featured!
    Thus, try removing all your links. Or try picking photos from other sites.
    But to ensure that your hub is re-featured, try choosing photos/images from the sites that HubPages recommends because they’re free. Refer to this link which has helped me a lot:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

Thank you Maria. I read the rules, but I do not understand what they mean "for spam", your help is precious, I'll try this option too. I will remove any link.

working