jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How to put affiliate ads in to Hubs

1. Constance Owen profile image60
    Constance Owenposted 2 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered 100 times before but I have looked and not found the answer.

How do I add an affiliate ad to a Hub? A lot of my Hubs will be about travel and I have a Booking.com ad I'd like to use as it's relevant. I can't see where/how to add it though. I recall when I was looking for something else seeing a version of my Hub with greyed out areas that were for putting in adverts (I think) but I can't find my way back there.

Many thanks,
    Constance.

Constance Owenposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I've noticed other people's Hubs have blank spaces down the side saying when it is published this is where the ads should go... but mine doesn't.

2. Don Bobbitt profile image94
      Don Bobbittposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Although affiliate ads are not allowed, Amazon ads are, and Booking.com is available on Amazon. So, of you have an Amazon affiliate account, you can add the link info from there, into an Amazon ad.
      That way, you get recognition for using Amazon as your source, but maybe not any special affiliate recognition you might personally have with Booking.com.

DON

3. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 2 years agoin reply to this

An affiliate link for Booking.com will never be interpreted as relevant on this web site because to use their services is not absolutely required or necessary to travel to anywhere. 

Links to commercial services where you the author can earn money, and HubPages is cut out of the earning loop, are exactly what they have always rejected.

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

Hi Constance

I think you need to start here:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

This will walk you through everything you need...

Thank you! I'll do that.

3. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

You can't add affiliate ad code on Hubs, only on your own blog.  You can use text links only. 

This makes sense because hubpages relies for its income on a share of adsense and  HP Ads, so it doesn't want competition from ads it can't share.

Ah, thank you Marisa, yes that does make sense.

working