jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

I do not get answers for most of my questions I post here. Why?

1. Naveed Ahmed 624 profile image80
    Naveed Ahmed 624posted 2 years ago

The community at hubpages is quite active but disappointingly I don't get any answers for a number of questions I have put up here. Is it that people are discussing a lot of other stuff and the subject I am exploring isn't of interest to many others here?

1. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I just reviewed your quesitons and some are of a very technical nature, albeit practical.  But since it might only be of interest to a small group of people, you won't get the volume you expect   Political, religious and historical forum questions usually rate higher in volume.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The Questions and Answers section is a small sideline and many Hubbers just ignore it. The potential to earn income from that section is very, very small and only for the person who asks the question, not the people who reply.  All questions become "no follow" after a short period, so they don't show up on Google search either.

1. sallybea profile image98
        sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Interesting, I have one question which I asked over two years ago which continues to receive views.  I regularly see people looking at it on Google Realtime.  Often think I should write a Hub about it if it still gets so many views.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93

I think they become "no follow" if there's been no activity, so perhaps the continued activity is keeping it alive.

Yes, if it 's getting a lot of replies then write a Hub - you're earning very little from the question compared to what you could earn from a Hub.

2. Naveed Ahmed 624 profile image80
        Naveed Ahmed 624posted 2 years ago in reply to this

So that's news for me that only people putting up questions get AdSense revenue at HubPages and those doing the hard work to research and write answers do not get any AdSense revenue! Are you really sure about that?
        Apart from the earning aspect, when we speak about HubPages as a community of people who learn and share with each other about matters of interest to them. [Remeber: The purpose of earning is a small part of the other real interests to a live community like HubPages].
        It is also strange that majority of the Hubbers won't concentrate on the Question-Answer section, due to the lesser potential of earnings.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93

Are you sure that earning income is such a small part of the reason for the HubPages community?

I think there are many, many members who would not be here it if was not possible to earn money from the site.

3. Terrex profile image85
      Terrexposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's probably the most likely reason.
      Don't be discouraged from asking, though - sometimes the right answer will come to you when you are least expecting it and the timing will turn out to be absolutely perfect.

working