I read a fascinating article this morning https://moz.com/blog/why-i-stopped-sell … should-too which showed me:
1) a number of examples of how SEO now translates to sites that rank high on Google and
2) why relying on keywords for ranking is now old hat for people promoting a product
3) why other types of search engines can be more important than Google
It illustrates in a cogent way how Google now works for different types of queries - and why it's difficult for a product or site to rank on the first page of Google
"Money/buyer (i.e., purchase-intent) keywords are:
* Dominated by huge brands that 99% of the world can't outrank (without spamming)
* Returning less product pages and more articles and other forms of content
* Triggering the knowledge graph, review aggregators, and more user-focused results
It also emphasises that you won't get traffic for your content UNLESS
* you're creating the type of content which consumers want to see - as evidenced by the results of Google search queries
* you understand your audience and know where they congregate on the Internet - and that's not always on Google
* you're referencing that content on the type of search engine which people like and trust and why that isn't always Google (which goes some way to explain why Facebook and Pinterest have become so powerful)
Damn. Other people are starting to wake up to why I stopped using the Google Keyword Tool years ago. LOL - completely agree - all those things are what I do on my website. Works a charm.
Ah you guys. Next you'll be telling me my Seth Godin SEO and Tribe Course is a complete waste of money.
Come back when you're making twenty cents a day. Then I'll listen.
One doesn't make 20 cents directly. First, one does a Ph.D.
by LucidDreams2 months ago
They are just driving home the point that user experience and quality is point one!http://www.eddale.co/google/beware-google-bearing-gifts
by Gary Anderson20 months ago
But I am wondering why there seems to be competition in the real google world and no competition showing for it in the external keyword tool world?
by Loraine Brummer4 months ago
Which is the most important for search engine searches: the Hub summary or the first paragraph of the Hub? I thought the summary was most important, but I notice that sometimes searches show the first sentences in...
by Marie Flint4 weeks ago
I came across this piece of advice in the first part of the Learning Center:"Write to educate your readers on your topic: create content on subjects that you are an expert; don't create content for search engines,...
by Butch Tool19 months ago
Hello, dear fellows, I am hoping that someone with more experience may be able to direct me to any free resources that will help me learn how to become an SEO master. Primarily, I want to learn how to do in-depth...
by mistu4u2 years ago
No theory, I want to know practically what course of action can really increase the traffic to my article i.e. what actions really SEO the articles? Fellow hubbers share your experience.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.