jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

I'd Like Feedback on My Article: 13 Gift Ideas for 4th Graders

1. ILoveLegosToo profile image78
    ILoveLegosTooposted 2 weeks ago

All I want to do is add an Amazon module to this article:  https://hubpages.com/holidays/gifts-for-4th-graders.  Without the Amazon module it is featured.  With the product currently at the end of the article and a testimonial about the product, the article is no longer featured.  Grrrrr....

2. Rupert Taylor profile image100
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 weeks ago

404 Page does not exist.

3. ILoveLegosToo profile image78

https://hubpages.com/holidays/gifts-for-4th-graders

Original link included the "period" at the end of the sentence.

4. Everyday Miracles profile image87
    Everyday Miraclesposted 2 weeks ago

Frankly, I'd just leave it off. The Amazon capsule in this hub doesn't actually add any value for the reader, and to my eyes, appears quite "random." Remove it, see the article featured, and then see how you go through the holiday season.

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 weeks ago

If you are going to include the nerf gun it needs to be directly under where you recommend that toy and your recommendation needs to be presented as coming from personal experience.

6. ILoveLegosToo profile image78

Thank you Psycheskinner and Everyday Miracles for the advice.  I always believe someone looking at a list is looking to buy and giving an option only leads to good things.

7. ILoveLegosToo profile image78
    ILoveLegosTooposted 7 days ago

Are we not allowed to link to our own website?  I had a moderator for this hub say I needed to remove the link to my own website.  The link goes to a specific page on my website that is related to the hub.  Do I need to change the wording so it doesn't sound like it's my own website?

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 6 days agoin reply to this

Linking to your own site is considered "overly promotional". you cannot link to "anything" that is yours.
      Are you asking if you can cheat by masking your own website? I think not.  you have already given away your tactics.
      They are probably checking all your hubs right now.

8. ILoveLegosToo profile image78
    ILoveLegosTooposted 3 days ago

Well, I took the link out.  Too bad too, as the article I linked to adds a lot of value for the reader.  I would hope the merit of a link is based on its content and the value it provides a reader.  I take great responsibility in the links I provide my readers, too bad that this one will be lost.

9. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 3 days ago

It is a little short on words. Perhaps give some explanations on the toys and more trivia about them.
    You could involve your own experience or someone you know.

working