jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Can not post my first hub

1. Stacie Writes profile image77
    Stacie Writesposted 22 months ago

Hello hub-ers,
    I would like to receive your advice.

I was about to publish my first hub, however I encounter the following problem:
    Please use only letters, numbers, underscores, and dashes in the web address for your Hub.

I should create an URL, but I it doesn't allow me, though I include dashes.

What should I do?

Will appreciate your help.

Best Regards,
    Stacie Writes

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

The system usually creates the url for you, but you can change it if you wish.  You should check each character to make sure you didn't include a space or some other character. Computers are very picky.

2. erorantes profile image34
      erorantesposted 22 months ago in reply to this

The best thing to do. Exit the site. Then, enter again in the site. Start a new tittle for your hub. The site will allow you to edit or make changes. You will not loose your work in you click save unpublish. Then edit. If you are following the hub pages rules. You will have no problen. It is best if you change the title before you exit the page. Good luck

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 22 months ago

Can you show the name of the proposed hub you are trying to publish here so we can advise further.

3. Stacie Writes profile image77
    Stacie Writesposted 22 months ago

Hey, thank you.
    It seems everything is alright now.

I'd like to ask what is a capsule?

I have read the description, bu I am still unnable to understand quite well.

1. Elsie Hagley profile image81
      Elsie Hagleyposted 22 months ago in reply to this

It's a module that you write each of your text, photos, video, polls in. You can use as many as you like in each hub.
      Hope that helps

4. Stacie Writes profile image77
    Stacie Writesposted 21 months ago

Hey thanks,
    I've done as you have advised. Also as I have understood, your hub needs to pass quality assurance.
    I have split my hub in capsules and now it look as in attach.
    Does it mean that the other 2 capsules were not checked?

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12775425_f1024.jpg

5. Yudish Pandava profile image80
    Yudish Pandavaposted 21 months ago

The first one seems to be a featured hub,which you have published already.

The other 2 are not yet published hubs.You need to work on them to get them published.

Hope, this has helped you.good luck.

1. Stacie Writes profile image77
      Stacie Writesposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Thanks smile
      It seems I am still not sure how capsules work.
      So does the sign "H" means that my hub has passed the quality assurance?

1. Elsie Hagley profile image81
        Elsie Hagleyposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Yes if it has the round black circle with the H in it, it is published.
        Keep asking questions, if you are not sure, it's the only way you will learn, other than reading the help tab.
        Happy days writing.

6. Stacie Writes profile image77
    Stacie Writesposted 21 months ago

I know hubpages encourages authors to write about the things they are passionate about, but still I am wondering whether there is a niche that's more popular than the others.
    There are some topics such as friendship, values, tolerance - and with such topics it is difficult to not turn it in personal blog.
    What would you suggest? What kind of hubs does the hubpages, or better said google likes?

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 21 months ago in reply to this

How-to hubs on doing or learning something. The hard part is finding a topic that doesn't already have a 1000 other webpages already out there on the subject.

1. Jodah profile image86
        Jodahposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Some recipe hubs if they are unique. Anything to do with unexplained phenomena, the supernatural or mythical creatures. Controversial issues like gun control, sex trafficking, domestic violence. You have to try to have new information that isn't already widely available everywhere on the web, or a unique slant.

working