jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Planning your budget trip to Switzerland

1. Darshan Vartak profile image82
    Darshan Vartakposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub
    Planning your budget trip to Switzerland (must be signed in to view).

What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Elsie Hagley profile image53
      Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Photo credits.

Darshan Vartakposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot Elsie for your review and comments !!!

2. relache profile image92
    relacheposted 2 years ago

English gramma flaws seem to be your biggest challenge.

Thanks relache for your review. That's really helpful to improve myself

3. myshortstories profile image58
    myshortstoriesposted 2 years ago

I can understand everything you wrote,its just that Hubpages can be grammar nazi sometimes but you are certainly a talented writer

Thanks "myshortstories" for those encouraging words smile !!!

4. WriteAngled profile image86
    WriteAngledposted 2 years ago

Most of your content is generic waffle and the little you say about Switzerland does not give any real advice. Reading your hub makes me wonder if you have ever actually visited Switzerland. The first three-quarters or so of the content is just padding that contains 0% useful information.

If I wanted advice to cut the costs of visiting Switzerland, I would be looking to find information on at least some of the following:

- Ways of travelling cheaply, are there options to save by booking tickets in advance, is it possible to buy carnets for local travels, etc.
    - How to enjoy local cuisine without going over-budget. All you suggest is to self-cater, but that excludes the whole experience of discovering new taste experiences. Even if someone is forced to choose that soul-destroying, boring option, they would be looking at tips for what to buy in the shops that is typically Swiss, to get at least some of the Swiss eating experience.
    - Cheap accommodation. All you do is say you prebooked for one resort. Is the resort perhaps paying for you slip their link into this hub? What other options are there? Is staying in B+B more or less economical than staying in hotels? Are there any schemes for staying in private homes? Are there camp sites that offer pre-erected tents? Could these be a budget alternative?
    - What free events/places to visit/things to do are there to explore?
    - What are the must-see, must-experience places/events that do cost money but provide something so unique that it would be criminal to miss out on them for the sake of economy?

That is the most in depth analysis of my hub and thanks a lot for all those insightful comments. This hub is based on my own experiences of the places I visited and you are right in the sense, I would need to do more research to look for more advises. One of the reasons I restricted to my experiences because that would allow me to talk with authenticity. But you are right cutting down on general information and focusing on the topic of PLAN and BUDGET should help making hub more useful. Your advice does help me a lot and thanks again for those valuable comments.

5. Marisa Wright profile image100
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

Firstly, HubPages demands a high standard of English with good grammar.  Your English is not quite up to that standard, so that's something you need to work on.

Secondly, your Hub is too general.   It talks about what people need to do, but doesn't explain how to do it.  Most people know they need to decide on a place to start, and that they need to work out a budget - telling them that is just wasting their time.  What they need is help on how to DO it.  Be more specific, using your own personal experience.  For instance, what process did you use to decide which area to use as a base?   Why did you choose those places as your base?   What was your budget and how did you work it out (give some figures as a concrete example).

Thanks Marisa for those valuable insights. It does seem that I have lot of room for improvement and it would need some effort. But then that's a great opportunity to improve my writing. Thanks for those tips on writing around the topic and talking through the actual process, giving practical examples. That makes lot of sense.The topic and contents should be in sync.

working