jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

Google Adsense - I am missing something

1. Devin Gustus profile image86
    Devin Gustusposted 18 months ago

I have an adsense account.  I have my hubpages account(s) associated with my adsense account.  I have created ads on adsense.

It is my understanding that hubpages should handle the rest.  But I have not earned one cent despite a not-insubstantial number of hits.  One of my hubs has just over 20K visits.  I should have earned *something* for that, right? 

Even a penny to show it was working properly.  This leads me to believe that I have missed a step along the way.

Help please?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 18 months ago in reply to this

Adsense only tallies totals once each month, and they pay practically nothing.  It took me more than 3 years to make my first Adsense payout, and I was amazed that even happened.

Devin Gustusposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I've had adsense for the majority of my time active with hubpages, since the squidoo transfer... so years.

In that time I have earned exactly nothing on google Adsense.  I am part of the Hubpages Earning Program, but isn't the Google Adsense payout separate from that?

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Hi Devin,

I just checked your account and it looks like you exceeded the $50 payout threshold last month, which means you will be paid on the 28th of this month. Congratulations!

You also have some earnings from this month so far. You can see your current earnings here and your balance history here.

Does this answer your questions?

It is my understanding that the Hubpages Earning Program and Google Adsense program are separate.  I have earned enough from hubpages to cash out a few times.

I have earned nothing from Google Adsense account.  Not almost nothing, but nothing ie $0.00

1. Barbara Kay profile image88
          Barbara Kayposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Google Adsense is separate from the Hubpages Earning Program. I am not the person to answer, because I do earn, but it shows almost no viisits on my account for Hubpages compared to what I get.

Any one else have an answer for us?

Another point I might be misunderstanding:  Is it hubpages earning program OR google Adsense, or can I do both?

Meaning, do I need to turn OFF hubpages earning to try google Adsense, or do they work simultaneously?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image

You can earn from AdSense alone (in which case you will need to disable the HubPages Ad Program) or AdSense in conjunction with the HubPages Ad Program.

What this means is, if you choose AdSense alone, all your ads will be AdSense Ads. If you choose both, most ads will be HP Ads and only a small number are served directly by AdSense. Most authors earn most with HP Ads + AdSense together overall, but AdSense will be a very small part of those earnings, whereas your AdSense earnings are likely to go up if you choose AdSense alone, but you may make less in aggregate. You can switch back and forth (by turning HP Ads on and off) and see which works best for you.

Then something appears to be wrong with my setup.  No one has responded to me on the adsense forums, so I am still trying to figure it out.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image

Most people writing on HubPages earn much less from AdSense than from the HubPages Ad Program. But as Barbara mentions, HubPages has no control over your AdSense account, so you might want to ask for help in the AdSense Support Forums if you think something isn't working correctly.

working