jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Spanish Translated Hubs being directed to site other than HubPages

1. Judy Filarecki profile image90
    Judy Filareckiposted 18 months ago

I just searched one of my Hubs and saw a Spanish version so I had it translated. It goes to  a site,
    http://www.radikewl.com/62401591.html  It is an exact duplicate of my Hub. when I clicked on links in it to another one of my Hubs, it also connected with another page at radikewl.com  Is this the Spanish version of HubPages or is someone stealing my Hubs for their own use?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 18 months ago in reply to this

They're stealing.  This issue was brought up some time ago in another hub.  Contact Google and let them know about it because a DMCA complaint probably won't work.  Here's the link to use.

https://support.google.com/legal/answer/3110420?hl=en

Judy Filareckiposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I tried this link, but all it does is give information, but no way to  contact google directly. I ended up doing a DMCA for each of the 5 hubs along with the google link for translation. Hopefully that will help. We'll see

2. Judy Filarecki profile image90

When I googled the same search today, I had this message at the bottom of page one:

"In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 7 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at LumenDatabase.org. "

When I clicked the link, it did show the five complaints I made on my DMCA.

On the search results page, it no longer had the Spanish link, but it also did not have the HubPages link to the specific Hub.  It did have the link to my Hubpages profile page as the first listing, though. I wonder if those five Hubs will be re-indexed so they show again in time.

I'm also hoping to hear that the stolen hubs have been removed from the offending website. Who knows?

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 18 months ago

Yep...they have some of mine as well!

Were  the ones they took on a specific subject. Mine were all gluten free topics. I haven't had time to see if I come across any others. I'll keep you posted as to how the DMCA report goes.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
        LuisEGonzalezposted 18 months ago in reply to this

SOme of my photography articles

3. Sparrowlet profile image87
    Sparrowletposted 18 months ago

They have at least ten of mine! What should I do?

There are several things to do.

You might want to check out another forum on this topic;
      http://hubpages.com/community/forum/134 … in-spanish

One person there identified legal@serverhub.com as the place to send your complaint.I just sent them notice of a total of 10 hubs which have been copied with notice that they are to remove all of these hubs and should consider closing down the site since radikewl has copied so many of our writers.

I also sent a DMCA to Google about the first 5 I found and they promptly removed them from the search page, but I don't know if that also removes them from radikewl.

1. SheilaMilne profile image91
        SheilaMilneposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I see they have Adsense now.  Will Google act on that?

I've discovered that you can report them to Adsense for breaching copyright and they should close the Adsense account.

1. Sparrowlet profile image87
            Sparrowletposted 18 months ago in reply to this

ooo! great thought! I didn't notice they had Adsense on the site! Is there a specific dept or email to send to?

If you click on the little arrow at the top right corner of an ad, it opens a new page.  Go to the bottom of that page, and you will be asked to leave feedback.

If you choose "Website", you are asked:

The issue(s) were with:the website
              Did the site you just came from violate any of the following policies? (Please select at least one, at most three that apply) *

Choose the one that applies.

Thanks, I did that for one of my stolen hubs and checked violation of privacy policy and use of copyrighted material without permission. I also commented that I had submitted a DMCA for 5 of the 10 Hubs of mine and that this site has stolen hundreds from other writers for HubPages.

working