jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

I need help with PNG useage

1. kenneth avery profile image86
    kenneth averyposted 19 months ago

To Any of My Great Followers or Those who are Not My Followers,
    I need some help in the worst way.
    I have noticed on others' hubs, those pretty swirly lines and colorful dividers and they have absolutely no white space at the top of bottom.
    How or where may I get myself a few free downloads of these?
    I will not forget your generous gestures/answers.
    Sincerely,
    Kenneth Avery

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Some in the past converted a configured image in a software to an image like jpeg. Then loaded the image. Hubber Missolive has an article on this using Powerpoint to make the image with and then convert to jpeg. You can find her article at her profile then search the categories for Arts and Design where the queue is 'Show: All'.

2. paradigmsearch profile image95
    paradigmsearchposted 19 months ago

Just so you know, HP gets somewhat perturbed about dividers. big_smile I got rid of most of mine.

As to photos, there's a no-border option in the photo capsule. As for those photos that are imported/uploaded with borders, alas. Got to get new ones.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image92
      Victoria Lynnposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I don't know why HP doesn't like them. I have a few.  I think they're attractive. I just made them out of text boxes that I made really small, I think.

1. MizBejabbers profile image90
        MizBejabbersposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Vickie, wwhat gives, I'm following you, but I don't get any notifications of your new stuff on my feeds?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image92
          Victoria Lynnposted 19 months agoin reply to this

MizBejabbers--HI there! Maybe it's because I haven't written anything in a long time? :-)

3. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 19 months ago

I do recall HubPages saying they did not want dividers to be used.

4. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 19 months ago

Kenneth,
    When you go to edit a text capsule, the menu at the top has a symbol that looks a bit like two legs joined at the top or a wishbone. Click on that and you will see a list of symbols by using multiple symbols or a combination you can create your own dividers.

kenneth averyposted 19 months agoin reply to this

To Jodah and EVERYONE posting on my question:
      "Thank you all Sincerely for your input which is Very Appreciated."
      "Two years ago, I used some of Missolive's swishy lines, which looked great to me, but my hub was flagged and I got a message from HP discouraging the use of such artwork."
      "I believed them."
      Now I think I shall be like Nick Adams/Johnny Yuma, in this area. You recall him. "The Rebel?"

1. paradigmsearch profile image95
        paradigmsearchposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Going to poke HP with a stick, are you? lol

Keep us apprised. big_smile

kenneth averyposted 19 months agoin reply to this

"Word."

5. Titia profile image94
    Titiaposted 19 months ago

I use dividers in my lambing season hubs. I make them myself using Paint Shop Pro and save them as a .jpg and upload them in a photo capsule. Never had a problem with them.

working