jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Is it a no-no...

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image98
    Gcrhoads64posted 16 months ago

Is it against HP  policy to include a picture of a t-shirt I have created into and to add a caption which says where it can be purchased?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 16 months agoin reply to this

Yes.  That is called being overly promotional, and your hub will become unfeatured if you do it.

1. kenneth avery profile image86
        kenneth averyposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Timetraveler2 is right. Shaky ground there.

2. Gcrhoads64 profile image98

Thank you, TimeTraveler2 and Kenneth.

smile Gcrhoads64, you are welcome. You sure earned it. Now maybe you can answer a question for me.
      I have published a few new hubs recently, well, as far back as mid-June, and my traffic is so low that I wonder if I have over-stayed my welcome on HubPages?
      An editor at HP told me that (this situation) was normal for July--with so many people on vacation, but honestly, I recall last July and my traffic was far higher than it is now.
      Frustrating is what I am.
      Please help.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 16 months agoin reply to this

Kenneth:

I just checked your profile and see that you have a huge number of hubs.  I know with my own I constantly have to go back and check, update, toss or whatever.  I don't know how you possibly are able to keep track of so many hubs...I try to keep mine around 100 give or take, and even doing that is a full time job.  Sometimes I see that I have actually written two hubs that are very similar in content...so I have to combine them.    My point is that maybe it's time for you to do some pruning and fixing.  Good luck.

TimeTraveler2,
          You are right. I may go back, edit, delete (if needed) older hubs. Then go from there.
          Thanks.

3. Gcrhoads64 profile image98

Kenneth,  I don't pretend to be an expert on HP but I can tell you how I am doing. My Hubs that have been moved to niche sites  are doing much better than before. The Hubs that have remained are doing about they had before  - hanging on just enough to stay featured, lol.

You didn't say how many of yours Hubs have been moved. Do you see any difference in traffic on the ones that were moved?

Typically in the summer views do go down, and patience is required for new Hubs. It takes a while to pick up steam.

Gerhoads64,
      I appreciate you and TimTraveler2, so much for the help and friendship. I have been here going on six years and doubt if I ever become a HP expert. Yes, a lot of my hubs have been moved to niches and that is when my traffic started to decline.
      Vacations, summer, I agree, so I will be patient and continue to work (when I am not building birdhouses) and see where this goes.
      Have a Safe day.

working